32. Unexpected Encounters

Start from the beginning

"Sure." Jimin laughed seeing his senior happy.

--------------------------------------------

"You will come back after a year right?" Taehyung looked into his eyes while resting his hands on JK's chest.

"Yes, I will, I am sorry Taehyung.... You loved me but I've been a terrible boyfriend. I couldn't even take you out on dates and dinners. I wish if I had some money, I would be able to give you gifts and....." he sighed.

"I don't need these things.... You love me that would be enough. You are a perfect boyfriend." Taehyung smiled.

"No Taehyung, you deserve all the thing and I'll try my best to get them for you now ownwards. I'll make sure that you would be always happy by my side."

"And I promise to wait for you...." Taehyung tiptoed kissing his lips softly.

"No, promise me that you will put all the hardwork and complete your internship project until I come back. You will go out with Jimin and enjoy your life. Don't pause it for me. I have a faith in your love.........."

"Thankyou JK." Taehyung smiled.

They both got quiet for sometime. "I wish Dr. Jeon would've changed his mind though."

"It's okay Taehyung.... It's his call, his stance is right. Don't give him a tough time while I am gone okay? Try to make peace with him."

"Why everyone keep telling me to make peace with him. He in the first place had issues with me. He even snatched your last day from me in the name of system upgradation."

"Tae but...."

Taehyung cut him off, "Please, Jk I've a few last hours with you and I don't want to waste them talking about Jeon. I've got nothing to do with him."

"Okay baby. I'll do anything for you." Jk pecked his forehead and engulfing him in his arms.

"I can accompany you to the base right?" Taehyung questioned.

Jk looked at him thinking deeply about something, "No, Taehyung they only allowed Jungkook."

Taehyung scoffed, "Then let me hold you for now."

-------------------------------------------------------

A night before Jk's departure.......

Jimin dropped Taehyung home and went back to lab because he still had some work unfinished. Taehyung wanted to drink away this night he was feeling so low already. Jimin was busy that's why he had to stay home.

He took out the wine from cabinet, glanced at the glass but didn't pick. It'll be an occasion worth drinking out of the bottle. He took a few sips and made a bitter face taking in the taste of it.

He was sitting on couch when his door ball rang. He was about to open door when his eyes fell on moniter, it was Jungkook. "What is he doing here." he thought to himself.

Bell rang again making him flinch a little however, he opened the door staring at the man.

"Can I come inside?" Jungkook looked at him.

Taehyung didn't say anything but stepped aside letting other in. "Why are you here?"

"I just.... I just need to talk...." Jungkook said looking away.

"I don't think so we have anything to talk about, since last time....." Taehyung said remembering all those mean words the other said him.

"I want to apologize....." Jungkook said looking at Taehyung who was sitting beside him.

"Go on...."

"I've made many mistakes with you since start Taehyung and I don't expect you to accept my apology given the words I said you that night. It wasn't my place to treat you like that.... I just.... I just snapped."

"Dr. Jeon I....."

"Please let me finish, I knew all along that JK might have feelings for you and I still let it go on. I should have protected you or made you aware of it but I was being selfish to see how far it'll go...." Jungkook chuckled bitterly, "He was your choice.... It was your right to choose whomever you love..... But that thing didn't settle with my ego that you chose him over me..... I am not a robot... I am a human... I am not capable of acting all nice when I feel this rage inside me..... I ended up taking it out on you.

Now I understand.... Heart wants what it wants... Maybe my heart wants you... But yours want JK and I've no objection on it. I've tried living with it and I made it sure that when he comes back after a year. He'll do a normal job. I didn't do this to makeup for anything or earning your apology. I did it because I've made peace with your choice and I'll support you if you want him." Jungkook smiled.

"So, I was also a part of experiment for you Dr. Jeon? How do you feel given that you are successful in that experiment?" Taehyung was still bitter.

"Pathetic.... I feel pathetic Taehyung."

"Good... You should... You deserve it." Taehyung said looking away.

"Yes, I deserve it....." Jungkook sighed.

Taehyung looked at him, discovering his glistening eyes. Taehyung sure feel a tug in his heart. Did he also have feelings for Jungkook? Despite after listening to everything. No, it can't be... Then why he want to comfort him.

Taehyung looked away to shut his thoughts out. "I have heard Dr. Jeon, you can leave."

"Also, if you are not easy in working in my lab after Jk leaves then I can arrange for your transfer and it won't impact on your grades or portfolio."

"The damage is done and there is no undoing it." Taehyung looked at him.

"I......"

"Please leave. I am sure you've a busy night ahead of you...."

-----------------------------------

Jk is leaving 🤧🤧

Should Tae accept Jungkook's apology? 🤔

Love from my side. 💜