Ch.17.17

Hana

The Asanaka Household

We watched the screen on Junk 2.0 and saw Izumi and them moving along with Frosdrakkon.

"Dammit. We were so close..."

"We were..."

I grunted. "Come on! There has to be something we can do beside just watch!"

"Well...that's all we could do, right? After all..." Sachi frowned. "Grid isn't here."

"Right..."

There was a brief pause and it was silent.

"Hopefully, we'll be able to save him and stop the Cult of Kaiju. We have to."

"There's also Caesar, right?"

"Right. But...I think we'll save him for last. We're going to need Takuya and Grid for that."

Sachi stared at me, then frowned. "And if we don't?"

"Hm?"

"It...just seems like we're failing every time. We fight him, he gets stronger, and then innocent people just die because of it."

"Don't think like that."

"Gomen. I just...can't see us winning at this point. Can we really-"

"Oi!"

"Huh?"

"I said don't think like that."

"G-Gomen..."

I sighed. "It does seem like that, but...knowing Gridman and Dynazenon, I have a feeling we can win, that we can save Takuya."

"You do?"

I nodded. "Gridman defeated Alexis, Dynazenon defeated the Kaiju Eugenicists, and they both defeated Mad Origin. I'm sure with them, we can still win this."

"But-"

"Nope! Not one more word from you!" Sachi stared at me, then sighed.

There was a brief pause again and it was silent.

"Hey Sachi."

"Hm?"

"Are you...still competing with Izumi?"

"C-Competing? What do you mean by that?"

"You know...becoming the idol that the hero saves? Or the princess that looks at her knight in shining armor...?"

"...What are you talking about?"

I stared at her. "What are you and Takuya?"

"Huh?!"

"Friends? Or..."

She glared at me. "Are you seriously asking that at a time like this?"

"Right. I suppose this is a bad time to talk about that."

"Yeah...it is."

There was another brief pause and it was silent.

"But I am curious~..."

"Hana!"

"Right right." I stared at Junk and saw them getting closer to the location. "Hope the others are ready to fight."

"Yeah."

"I should probably send them the analysis reports on Frosdrakkon." I quickly pressed the buttons on the keyboard and clicked enter.

Sachi sat down on the chair. "Everyone...Takuya..."

I looked at her. "They'll be fine."

"I hope so. After everything that's happened..." Sachi looked down and sighed. "I just want all of this to be over and done with..."

"Yeah. It has been a long journey." I chuckled. "Meeting Grid and Dynazenon, fighting kaijus to fighting the Kerib Brothers to fighting the Cult of Kaiju." I sighed. "I'd say we deserve a break."

"Yeah..."

"Maybe after it's all said and done, we can go to do something fun with everyone."

"Yeah..."

I stared at her. "You're worried about him."

She grunted. "Hana..."

"No, I'm saying it's okay! We're all worried about him too!"

She stared at me, then looked away. "Yeah..."

"Although..."

"Hm?"

"...Just how much are you worried about him?"

"Hana...!"

"Eek!"

"Are. You. Done?"

"Y-Yeah. G-Gomen..."

She glared at me for a bit, then calmed down. "Good. Now, let's focus on what's important and help the others."

"Right..." Junk 2.0 beeped. "Oh, they're there."

"They are?" Sachi looked at Junk. "This is it, right?"

"Yeah. It all comes down to this." If we win this...it all ends. Masashi will be defeated, the Cult of Kaiju will fall, and...we'll save Takuya. I clenched my fists. "Ganbatte, everyone."