Ch.13.13

Caesar

The Rooftop

"Hmph. Died quickly as it arrived."

"Gridman didn't show up," said Cyril.

"Too bad. I would've loved to have seen Gridman with my own eyes."

"If only the Cult of Kaiju can last at all..."

"They might even need our help." Darius laughed.

I chuckled. "As if I'd help them."

"So, what are you going to do then?"

"First, I need a human; someone who has strong emotions and someone I could use against the Grid Alliance."

"Like one of their friends?"

"Perhaps. Any of them could do just fine."

"Hmph. Are you sure? Most of them were weak and useless."

"Takuya's little sister is weak. Quite strong, but still weak."

"How about his girlfriend, Asanaka Izumi?"

"Hmph. She does have emotion, but it's not strong; I doubt she can be of any use to us. After all...one look at Hibiki Takuya and she'll immediately be a liability."

"True."

"How about the twins?"

"Asanaka Haruto and Asanaka Akito. They are quite strong, and...one of them can use Instance Domination."

"So it was them who did it."

"Hmph. Humans...weak, yet they have such potential."

I thought about it for a minute. "No."

"Why's that? They'll be perfect!"

"They have the Fixer Beam; if we use them, Grid will likely use it to bring them back to their side."

"Tch!"

"Sho Hana, Yamanaka Keide, and Takahashi Keiko; they're quite weak as well, much weaker than all of them."

"It seems like we won't be able to use any of them then."

"It probably wouldn't work anyways."

"Hmph. Their so called 'friendship' and 'bonds' somehow gives them the advantage. Such idiocy!"

"Then we'll have to find someone who doesn't have that."

"Like who?"

"Someone who hates them, or...someone who severed their bonds with them..."

"No one has that."

I stood up. "I'll find them; I'll search this entire world if I have to. And once I do...I will bring you both back, no matter what..."

There was silence, then all of a sudden, it began to rain.

"What the hell am I doing? The two of you aren't even here anymore...just voices within my goddamn head, within my subconscious."

Sparks of their energy flew around me and I looked at it.

If only we had won, you two would have still been by my side. Grid would've been dead, this world would've been turned to ash, and I would've had their heads as trophies.

I clenched my fist and it glowed in red and blue energy.

"I still need to master Khan Digifer's powers. Once I learn all of his secrets, all of his powers, I'll be unstoppable."

I looked at the dark clouds in the sky and it began to pour.

It's not the same anymore. This life...this world...everything is boring now. Fighting Grid and his allies almost doesn't seem worth it anymore.

I moved my cloak and I disappeared.

Storage House

I appeared in the Cult of Kaiju's base and took the tome.

I never thought that I would be this desperate; using a book and finding one of those pathetic humans to use my powers.

I walked around and found a room; it had a desk and a dusty old-looking computer.

So...this is what they use to travel around.

I touched the screen with my finger and I went into the network.

The Internet

Hmm...this is what father and Khan Digifer used when they were in this world. This will work.

I opened the tome and read a page.

Many had stood up to Gridman; Khan Digifer, my father, and even that kaiju Mad Origin. I flipped a page. Once I deal with Grid, I'll have to deal with Gridman and the original Dynazenon. I flipped another page. And after all that's done...I'll resurrect my brothers and we'll take over this entire universe!

I read and read multiple pages, carefully looking at the stories and learning every detail so I wouldn't fail like those before me.

After a few pages, I got to the end of the story; the story of "Denkou Choujin Gridman".

No matter who it is...no matter what era...no matter the host...we all lost. I clenched the book in my hand. Grid...your very existence irritates me! Why do you have to get in our way? Every. Single. Time!

I looked at the page and saw a drawing of Khan Digifer. You failed...my father failed...my brothers and I failed.

I dropped the tome and my hands glowed in dark red energy.

The Cult of Kaiju will never succeed. Masashi will never succeed. It all falls to me to end it all.

The pages moved and flipped all the way to the last page; it was blank.

"Gridman...the 'hero' who always wins. However..." I grinned. "The ending is not yet set. No...this ending will be different." I clenched my fists. "I will be victorious this time! I will be the one to defeat you! I will win!"

A map of the entire city and the entire world appeared in front of me. I looked at it and soon, it became a network.

All I need is a host, someone I could use. I raised my hands and started searching. I'll find them. Someone who has suffered, someone who has the abilities to take down Grid, someone...who can kill Hibiki Takuya and his friends.