Ch.15-What Have I Done?

Izumi

The Asanaka Household; a week later...

After that day, Taku has been distancing himself even further from us. At times, he didn't come to school and at other times, he didn't come to train with us.

I messaged him a few times every day, but he never replied; I went to his house, but he never allowed me into his room.

As days passed, I worried even more about him, wondering if he'll ever return to his normal self; the kind and brave Taku I once knew.

I left my room to go downstairs and saw my brothers sitting on the living room couch. They sat far from each other and seemed quiet.

"Ohayou."

"Ohayou, Nee-san."

"Okaa-san and Otou-san already left?" They silently nodded. "What have you two been doing?"

"Sitting," both of them answered.

"Alright..." Something's definitely wrong...

I went towards the kitchen and looked around; since it was morning and they were just sitting there, I thought I'd make something.

I opened the fridge. "Hey, you guys want to eat something?"

"We're not hungry."

"Are you sure? We have-"

"No."

I paused for a moment. "If you want...we can go somewhere."

"We're fine."

I slammed the fridge door closed and grunted. "Alright! That's enough!"

"Huh?"

I went to the living room and looked at them. "Haruto, Akito, both of you tell me what's going on."

They looked at each other, then back at me. "Nothing's wrong."

I glared at them. "You better tell me what's happening. Right. Now."

They stared at me, then sighed. "Gomen..."

"You two have been acting like this for a while now. You know it's okay to tell me, right?"

"We know..."

I stared at them, then gestured for them to stand up. "Okaa-san and Otou-san were really worried about you, ever since..." I frowned. "Look, I don't want to see them sad, alright? Do you?"

"No..."

"Good." I hugged them both. "Don't make us worried, alright?"

"Right..."

I let them go. "Now, get out of the house."

"What?"

"You've been sitting here, right? Get out of the house and do something."

"B-But, we don't know what to do!"

"Akito, go hang out with your girlfriend. I'm sure she's dying to see you."

"R-Right."

"And Haruto..."

"W-What?"

"Hurry up and go ask Rin out."

"W-Wait, how did you-"

"Gomen, Haruto."

"You told her?!"

"Yep. Now..." I went behind them and pushed them towards the front door. "Go!" They left and I closed the door. I smiled. "You two really are growing up..."