Ch.4.4

Nidaime

I sat on the grasslands and gazed at the sky and smiled. "Looks like they did it."

Knight stands by my side. "Like they always should."

I laughed nervously. "Knight-kun, aren't you a little too tough on them?"

"No. In order for them to survive in this world, they must learn hardship and discipline."

"...Even our little Sandaime?"

He stared at me, then looked the other way. "Both of them must be prepared. Otherwise...there will be no debts to pay back."

I chuckled. "Don't worry, I'm sure enough they already know how to do everything." I gestured for him to sit down and he did so. "We taught them everything we could; human nature, kaijus, and...fighting..."

"Did you not want them to fight?"

I chuckled again. "I never did. But...you volunteered to teach them, especially Paladin..."

"He must learn how to fight. In order to protect his sister, the next heir."

I frowned. "Knight-kun, do you not worry for him? He may protect Sandaime, but...he'll get hurt himself."

"I do worry; for both of them."

"Really?"

He nodded. "Paladin...he's strong, smart, and wise. Sandaime...she's kind, caring, and insightful. I worry what they would do without each other, but they'll always be together."

I giggled. "Indeed." I poked him on the arm. "They did take a lot from us, you know?"

"I suppose so."

I stared at him and smiled, then I looked at the sky. "It has been a long journey, hasn't it?"

"It has."

"I could still remember the day I first met you. It was almost like fate that we met each other!"

"At that time, I was stabbed by Alexis Kerib and almost died. To have met you, I'd call that a coincidence."

"Hmm...are you sure...?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Eh...? So you're saying it was a coincidence that I, of all people, came to save you? And that I was a kaiju, just like you?"

"..."

"Knight-kun, I'd say that it was fate. Fate that we met each other, fate that we created the Gridknight Alliance, and fate that we get married~."

"...If you say so..."

I giggled. "Just kidding." I laid my head on his shoulder. "To have fallen in love with you...to have married you....and to have kids with you...I'd say that wasn't fate, but rather us."

"Yeah."

I smiled. "Hey Knight-kun...if we had a chance...do you-"

"No."

I raised my head. "Ehhhh? But you didn't even hear me say it!"

"We already have Paladin and Sandaime; an heir and a protector. There is no need for another."

I pouted. "But-"

"If your heart desires one, wait until they're all grown."

I sighed. "Well...that would take a long, long time. But..." I giggled. "I would like to be a grandparent one day."

"As do I."

I smiled at him, then my phone rang and I looked at it. "Oh, Sandaime." I put the phone to my ear. "Moshi moshi?"

"You had a phone...?"

"Hmm...Otou-san is right here. Do you want to speak to him?" I nodded. "Okay. Here you go, Knight-kun!"

He grabs it and stands up. "What is it?"

I giggled. Knight-kun...I'm glad that I met you. Honestly...I don't know what I'd be doing if I never did meet you...or even had Sandaime and Paladin.

He hung up and handed the phone back. "Here."

"What did they say?"

"There's someone who wants to meet me." He looks at me. "Will you be fine on your own for a while?"

I nodded. "It's alright. Besides..." I looked into the sky and saw Goldburn. "I'll have someone watching me."

He nodded. "I'll be leaving now then."

"Be safe!"

"I will." He walked away and left.