Ch.19.19

Takuya

The Asanaka Household

I knocked on Izu's door. "Izu?"

"Coming!" The door opened. "Just got finished."

She had a white hair clip in her hair and wore a gray jacket; she wore black pants and had her Ankh's Puzzle hanging around her waist.

I stared at her and she tilted her head. "What is it?"

"N-Nothing. It's just...you look good..."

She blushed. "A-Arigatou, Taku."

She looks at me and my clothes. I wore a black and blue jacket along with dark blue pants; I had a black watch on one wrist and my Primal Accepter on the other.

"Hey, don't tell me you're going out with your Accepter."

"Oh..."

She sighed. "Wait a minute." She went around her room and grabbed a wristband, then she tied it and covered my Accepter. "There."

"Arigatou, Izu."

"Mattaku. So, are we going now?"

I nodded, then I lended her my hand and she grabbed it. "Let's go."

The Park

"The park..."

"I planned for us to do something special later on, but I thought it'd be great to stop by a place that's special for both of us."

She smiled. "You really are awesome, you know that?"

We sat on the bench and stared at the playground and the kids running around.

She sighed happily. "This place could never get old."

"I don't think it will."

"Hey! Catch!" A kid threw a ball to another.

"Tag, you're it!" Three kids ran around and played tag.

"Hey, Taku. You still remember how we met, right?"

"I always do." I chuckled. "Little you was chasing a little rabbit and ended up hurting yourself."

"Oi."

I laughed. "Gomen gomen."

"Still...if it weren't for you, I would've been crying that entire day with my mother trying to look for me. You saved me, Taku. You always have."

"Well, Otou-san always taught me to help anyone in need. After all..."

"It's something you can only do, right?"

"Right." I looked at the kids laughing and running around. "If it weren't for you, I probably wouldn't be here talking to you. Arigatou, Izu."

"I didn't do much..."

"You did though. Hearing your voice really helped me a lot."

There was a brief pause and it was quiet.

I looked at Izu and saw her blushing. "What's wrong?"

She grunted. "Baka..."

I laughed. "Seeing you flustered makes me smile."

"Stop it~"

"Alright alright, I'll stop."

A ball went flying into the air and came towards us. I caught it with my hands, then I saw a boy running towards us.