Ch.11.11

Gridman

The Hyper World

I stood watching the holograms of many planets across the universe. As one of the Hyper Agents, I was tasked to watch them and report if there were any disturbances.

After observing a few, I returned to watch the planet Earth.

Grid. I hope you and your friends are doing well. I heard footsteps and I looked to see Max and the others.

"Gridman."

"Max. Calibur. Borr. Vitt. Are you ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be!" said Borr.

Vitt yawned. "I didn't plan to go anywhere today..."

"You don't plan to go anywhere at all!"

Max chuckled. "Well, I suppose we're all prepared then. We should leave as soon as possible."

"Yes. Let me send my latest report and we shall go." I turned back around and began to do so.

"G-Gridman, did you tell the council that we were going?"

"I did. They approved of us going to aid Grid and Dynazenon."

"Hmm...speaking of Dynazenon...how's Gauma? Must be pretty lonely staying back on Earth and all."

"He says he's doing well. He's been training the Dynazenon pilots and the host of Grid."

"H-Hibiki Takuya, right?"

"That's right."

"Yuta...I wonder if he's doing well..."

"Don't worry about it, Gridman! After all...they're the 'Gridman Alliance'." Borr imitated Utsumi.

"Was that a joke?" Vitt asked.

"It was."

"Hmm...I suppose you're right. However, if we're going back to Earth, Yuta and the others will need to be prepared to fight."

"Speaking of that, are they even able to fight anymore? You know...since many decades have passed?"

"Has it really been 'decades'?"

"It sure felt like it!"

"It is true. A lot of time has passed, and they're parents now; do they have the time and strength to fight again?"

"Let's hope so. Their world is in danger once again, and if they want to save those they love, they'll have to fight."

We stared at each other in silence, then Vitt yawned. "Are we going? If not, I'm going to take a nap..."

Borr grabbed Vitt. "Nope! We're leaving now! Let's go!" Borr dragged Vitt and they left.

"L-Let's go, Gridman."

"Yeah."

"Should we message Knight and Nidaime?"

"I already have. So far, they have not replied, but I'm sure they know."

"I see..."

"Is something else on your mind?"

"I apologize for the rudeness, but...was it right to lie to them?"

"About what?"

"Alexis Kerib."

We stared at each other, then I turned away. "It was the right thing to do. As Hyper Agents, we never usually allied ourselves with our enemies. To tell them that he was still sealed away was the right thing."

"But...we'll still remember it."

"Of course." I chuckled. "I'm still surprised that he fought alongside us."

"It was thanks to Shinjo Akane."

"G-Gridman, if I may ask, why did you not tell your son at least?"

"He knows. However...he also knows that it must be a secret kept."

"Did he tell Hibiki Takuya?"

"I don't believe he did. And I don't believe he will; not until the time is right."

"If there ever will be a time."

We stared at each other for minutes. "The report is now sent. We may leave."

"H-Hopefully, they still have Junk with them."

"Should we check in with them?"

"No, it's fine. We'll know on the way there."

"Alright then."

"Oi! You guys coming or what?!" Borr yelled.

"C-Coming." Calibur went towards them. "Wait, I think I forgot to feed my cats."

"Eh?! Seriously?!"

"I-It's alright. I can ask someone to do it for me."

Max looked at me. "Are you happy to see Yuta again?"

"Of course. He's a friend I'll never forget."

Max chuckled. "Indeed he is. Let's go; the longer we wait, the more destruction there will be."

I nodded. "The trip is going to take a while as well, won't it?"

"It will."

Grid, Yuta, and Hibiki Takuya; we'll have a chance to see each other. It's too bad that we're only coming to help stop the crisis. I chuckled. No matter. It's something all of us must do.