Ch.12-What Can I Do To Move Forward?

Sachi

The Asanaka Household

Takuya exited Junk and the three of us looked at him.

"Takuya, are you...alright?"

He turned his head and said nothing. We frowned, then he turned and headed towards the door.

The door opens and we look to see Izumi and the others. "Taku!"

He looks at them and silently walks past them.

"Nii-san..."

Junk turns on and Grid appears. "Everyone."

"Grid..."

He frowns. "...We lost another friend..."

Paladin

The Rooftop

I stared at the body of Suija, slowly turning into sparks of light which flew into the air.

I clenched my fists. "You wanted to live a life, a life of peace, but...it was taken from you. May you rest in peace...Suija..."

Masashi

Storage House

"Was that Caesar?"

"Yes, it was."

"Tch! He almost killed us all!"

"But he almost defeated Grid and his allies," said Noboru.

"Can he really be trusted?"

"I'd say so."

"Seriously? He didn't care if we were out there! He would've killed us if he had the chance!"

"I know." They all looked at me with confused faces. "This...is going exactly as I planned."

"Us dying?!"

"That is not what he meant."

I chuckled. "That kaiju was a friend of Hibiki Takuya."

"That's new."

"Grid, or rather Takuya, slayed his own friend with his own hands." I grinned. "That must have broken him, must've driven him insane, to the point where he feels absolutely nothing!"

There was silence and they all stared at me.

"Ahem. Gomen."

"I see. That's what you wanted, right?"

I nodded. "Caesar may have gone overboard, but I'd say it worked out in the end. My victory is now assured..."

Takuya

The Cemetery

I stood in front of Asami and Hiroshi's graves. I lit a few incense sticks and poured some water on them.

"I failed...once again..."

The wind blew and I saw the leaves blow from the trees, flying into the air. The breeze was cool and the sun was setting down.

My heart beat, then I grabbed my chest and clenched my fist. "I will protect those I cherish, even if it costs me my life. And...I will exterminate those who dare harm them."

I grabbed the bucket of water and walked away from their graves. Once I got to the gate, I saw them waiting for me.

"Nii-san."