Ch.15.15

Yomogi

The Asanaka Foundation

I let out a sigh of relief. "That was close..."

"Yeah...it was..." said Yume.

I opened the door to a room to look to see some people huddled up in corners and near the walls.

"Seems like everyone's alright here."

"Yeah, but...they look scared."

"I would be too if I saw a kaiju."

"I wonder if Izumi and them are alright..."

"It's alright. We can check on them once everyone's okay here."

After a while, it all went back to normal and everyone calmed down. I went to check on what was happening outside and I saw Grid and the others slowly disappearing.

Seems like everything's good...

I ordered the staff members to help anyone in need and to escort them out of the building slowly and safely; I also told them that anybody could stay if they still felt unsafe.

They went around, asking them if they needed help and aided anyone who needed it. After a while, they all came back to me and told me that everybody was going to stay.

"I see. Well, that's alright. Just make sure everyone's safe and give them anything they need." They nodded and left.

Yume chuckled. "You're always so helpful, Yomogi."

"Well, I gotta make sure everyone's alright. To see everyone here...all sad and afraid...the least we can do is help them, right?"

"Right."

I smiled, then sighed. "I'm tired..."

She giggled. "You can go rest in your office if you'd like."

"No...I'm fine. Besides, we need to check on Izumi and them, right?"

"Oh, right." Yume pulled her phone out and started calling. After a few minutes, she hung up. "Nothing..."

"I see..."

Suddenly, we felt an earthquake and we immediately looked outside. We saw a red light in the distance and we quickly went towards everyone else.

"Everyone!" I pointed to my staff members. "Follow them and they'll lead you to a safer room!" They led the way and everybody else followed.

"Another kaiju...?" said Yume.

"It's far, but...we still have to make sure everyone's alright."

"Yeah..."

"We should go too. It's not safe here."

She frowned. "But...Izumi and them..."

"Izumi is strong, and so is Haruto and Akito. They'll protect each other; I'm sure of that."

"I suppose you're right."

"I'm sure Gauma, no, Rex, is protecting them. All of them."

"Yeah..."

I placed my hands on her shoulders. "It's alright. Once we're done here, we can go help them. I'm sure they need it."

"Right. Arigatou, Yomogi." I nodded, then she hugged me. "Arigatou, for always being there for me."

I smiled. "I'm always there for you. And for Izumi, Haruto, and Akito."

She chuckled. "I'm so glad I'm married to you."

I chuckled as well. "Me too."

We felt another earthquake and we looked outside. The kaiju began to attack the buildings and we could hear the screams and the alarms.

"Everyone..."

"Yume, don't worry."

"But..."

"Yume, one day, they'll fight without us being there to help. Let's trust in our children, in everyone."

She stared at me, then nodded. "Alright. I can do that."

I nodded. "We should probably get to safety."

"Right."

I hope Yuta and the others are doing okay. I mean, they should be okay. Yuta's Gridman after all. I frowned. I know I told Yume not to worry, but...I'm as worried as she is! I hope Haruto and Akito are okay, but...knowing their sister...I'm sure they're fine. I sighed. Hopefully, they'll be alright. Hopefully...everyone's alright.