Ch.5-What Memories Do I Cherish?

Sachi

"You're Takuya's friend. Sandaime, was it?"

She nodded. "We never got a proper introduction, did we?"

"No...we didn't. How did you know-"

"Your name? I read your heart."

I wasn't that surprised at what she said; from what all I've seen in this world, nothing much surprises me anymore.

Then, a boy with green hair and red eyes came onto the roof. "Greetings, Shinjo Sachi." He bowed.

"You're the white giant; Gridpaladin." He nodded, then I looked at both of them. "What're you two doing here?"

"That's something we should ask you, Sachi."

I stared at her, then I looked back at the city. Grid had disappeared; that meant that Takuya went back to normal

"I...just wanted to watch from afar..."

"And you didn't want to watch from Junk?" she asked.

I shook my head. "I wanted to see it with my own eyes. Computers...sometimes they don't show everything."

"I see. But, that's not the only reason, is it?"

I turned around. "You know my reason?"

She nodded. "You're not doing this for you, it's for your mother; Shinjo Akane. In your world, you've had a rough life, not having-"

"Please...stop. Don't say anymore."

She sighed. "Gomen. I didn't mean to anger you."

"It's alright. Just...I don't want to talk about it."

She frowned, then she came closer to me and hugged me. I was surprised at what she did and I looked at her. 

She lets go, then smiles. "Don't worry; in this world, you have us; you have your friends alongside you."

"My...friends..." I looked her in the eyes. "As a friend...can you...tell me anything about my mother?"

Rin

The Hibiki Household; the next day...

It was around morning time. Instead of getting up and preparing myself for the day, I laid in my bed; I was still a little sick, but not only that, I was thinking about what happened yesterday.

'Just stay here Rin; you'll only make it worse'. 'Rin...why are you here? I told you to stay'.

"Nii-san...am I just a burden to you...?"

Someone knocked on the door, then it opened. "Oh, Rin, you're awake." said my mother.

I smiled. "Gomen. I'll get up."

I washed up and changed, then I went into the living room. I saw my mother preparing breakfast for all of us in the kitchen and Takuya sitting on the couch holding Ayaka.

"Ohayou, Rin." Takuya greeted me.

"Ohayou...Nii-san..." I said in a quiet voice. He turned to look at me, then he looked back at Ayaka.

"Hey Rin, can you come help me?" my mother asked, then I nodded.

After a while, we finished and placed the food on the table. "Hey, is Otou-san here?" I asked.

"No, he left a little early for work. It'll just be the four of us."

"I see..."

Takuya sat down and held Ayaka in his hands. "Aah...!" she cooed.