☆ Bad Lab Partners ☆

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

Vivian woke up with a small gasp on her lips. She lifted her head, having to force her eyes to open fully. Stiles was the first thing her eyes focused on. He was sitting at his desk, his elbow resting on the desk as he chewed on his thumb nail.

"Morning." Stiles said, his body attune to Vivians, knowing the minute she was awake. Vivian slowly sat up, her memory failing her as she tried to recall why she was in his room.

"Good morning?" Vivian said, a confused smile on her face. She was still in her clothes from yesterday. "Sorry, I stole your bed?"

"It's fine." Stiles said, his voice distant. "I would have stayed up the whole night anyway."

"What? Why?" Vivian asked, concern entering her voice. Stiles made eye contact with her finally.

"Thinking about you, wondering when you started hiding things." Stiles said, sitting up fully. His seriousness started to scared Vivian.

"I'm not hiding anything." Vivian said with a nervous laugh. Stiles scoffed at her, startling Vivian.

"You're not hiding anything? Then why did you show up in my room last night, after disappearing, on the verge of a panic attack?" Stiles asked, trying to keep the stern look but softening at the memory.

Then it all came flooding back to Vivian. Stiles could see it on her face, he leaned forward, grabbing Vivian's hands. Her eyes snapped down to their hands.

"It was- it was nothing." Vivian stuttered, standing up, their hands pulling apart. Stiles face went back to stern.

"Vivian.. don't do this." Stiles said, his voice was tired.

"What?" Vivian ask, her voice breathless.

"I understand keeping this from Scott, or Sydney, even Tara..." Stiles said, standing himself. "Your mom.. I was skeptical about but I understood. Not me. We don't hide things from each other."

"Stiles-" Vivian tried to say, avoiding his eyes. He forced their eyes to meet.

"Vivian." Stiles said, he had never been this serious. In all the years that Vivian had known him, Stiles loved to crack jokes. He hardly ever let things get serious. "When Sydney stopped talking to us, shit- when my mom died. I know you took on this mental maternal role. You take care of everyone. You know it."

"But I know you, Vivian. You listened to me and Sydney, let us cry on your shoulder. You took Tara in whenever she needed you, protected her. Even Scott, you didn't let him go through anything alone." Stiles ranted, a chill ran through Vivian's body. "In doing all of that, you neglected yourself. You never tell them these problems you're going through. But you tell me.. you always tell me."