☆ Isaac's First Full Moon ☆

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

It was dark by the time they got to the house. Derek was letting Sydney and Scott lead the way, Tara was deciding to stick by Derek. Before she closed the door she looked back at the moon, it hadn't fully risen yet, but it still gave her dread. 

"If Issac didn't kill his dad, then who did?" Scott asked as Tara closed the front door.

"I don't know yet." Derek said with a shake of his head. They all stood by the entrance, just looking around the front room for a few minutes. They all had their own flashlights, but Scott and Sydney's were the only ones using them.

"Then how do you know he's telling the truth?" Sydney asked looking back at Derek.

"Because I trust him." Tara said entering the conversation.

"And because I trust my senses." Derek said as they all started to walk further into the house. "And it's a combination of them. Not just your sense of smell."

"You saw the thing at lacrosse today?" Scott asked wincing to himself. Sydney walking ahead of them, not understanding what they were referencing. When Lydia was dating Jackson, she was always dragged to the practices. But since the breakup Lydia has avoided it, so Sydney decided to be with her while she was doing it.

"Yeah." Derek said making Scott sigh.

"Did it look that bad?" Scott asked looking at Derek. Derek put his hand on Scott's shoulder taking a deep breath.

"Yeah." Derek said at the same time as Tara. They walked quietly through the house until they got to door right before the dining room. Sydney was the first one to get there, she opened it slowly as the others stopped behind her.

"You wanna learn?" Derek asked, and Sydney got the feeling he wasn't just talking to her and Scott ."Let's start now."

Scott flashed his flashlight at the open door. It was stairs leading to a basement with shag carpet. It was a mess. Sydney felt the dread curling in her stomach as she looked over at Scott. He was instead looking at Tara before looking back down the stairs. He was the first one to walk down the stairs. Sydney following soon after him.

"What's down there?" Tara asked looking back at Derek on the top step.

"Motive." He said, causing her to finally take the next steps down.

"And what are we looking for?" Scott asked his flashlight focused on the floor.

"Follow your senses." Derek reminded the two of them. They walked around the basement. There was clear foggy curtains, only a few rings still connected. Nothing seemed to where it should be.

"What happened down here?" Sydney asked after they were a good way into the mess of a basement.

"The kind of thing that leaves an impression." Tara said, ahead of the others. She already had a theory of what could be Isaacs motive, it made her want to vomit.