☽ The Game ☾

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

"I hate this. I hate you." Vivian whispered to Stiles with conviction as they got out of his Jeep. They had been waiting for Derek to finally leave his house, and the minute he did they were ready.

Sydney, Scott, and Stiles all had shovels while Tara and Vivian had the flashlights. They walked towards the grave in the almost pitch black. Vivian couldn't keep her eyes off of the unstable house as they walked. It was charred and half of the roof was caved in. That fact that Derek still lived here surprised her. She also felt this deep pit in her stomach when she looked it over and remembered what happened, how many people died. How most of them were Derek's family. She wondered how he could still live in it, why he would.

"Wait, somethings different?" Scott said as they got closer.

"Different how?" Stiles asked.

"I don't like the sound of that." Sydney said powering ahead. She felt that same feeling from before, weaker. It wasn't different, Scott was just closer now.

"Let's just get this over with." Vivian said looking back at the house with unease.

They all stopped at the fresh grave. Tara wanted to cry, she hated the fact that some poor innocent girl could be under all of this dirt, how her parents and loved ones didn't even know. Sydney stared at the dirt for a few minutes, after a while she looked up and met Scott's eyes. She sighed and started digging, Stiles and Scott following soon after. Vivian and Tara kept the flashlights on the hole that was starting to form. It was quiet for the most part. Vivian glancing over at the forest a few times just to make sure they were alone. Vivian could tell Stiles was getting tired, Sydney and Scott had werewolf stamina to help them but Stiles was just a human and Vivian was ready to give him an out when Scott started talking for the first time in what felt like 2 hours.

"This is taking too long." He said when the hole was to their hips.

"Just keep going." Stiles said through pants.

"What if he comes back?" Tara asked turning her flashlight to the forest.

"I'm assume Stiles planned that." Sydney said looking over at her brother with a teasing smile before continuing to dig.

"I do in fact. Get the hell out of here." Stiles said making Vivian let out an amused breath.

"What if he catches us?" Scott asked.

"Have a plan for that too." Stiles said not elaborating.

"Care to share with the class?" Vivian asked looking over at Stiles.

"Scott and Tara run one way. You, me, and Sydney go another. Whoever he catches first.." Stiles explained letting his sentence trail off.

"You gonna protect me?" Vivian teased making Stiles look up at her with a cocky smirk.