☽ Tara Varrington ☾

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

The Varrington's are the richest family in Beacon Hills. Whoever says differently is a fucking liar. Theodore and Bella Varrington met when they were in high school, typical high school sweethearts. Except, they were both ambitious. Bella wanted to be a rich housewife that barely had to do anything and Theodore wanted power. They both got what they wanted. But still they wanted more.

Some connections can't be made with a charming man or a beautiful wife. Sometimes you need a connection deeper, like childhood friendships. So they had a child. They both wanted a son, the typical heir. But they got a girl. They got Tara Varrington.

They raised her normally. Bought her what she wanted and tried to push her into friendships with kids her age, that had parents they wanted to be friends with. They taught her to always act like someone was watching her. Tara did the opposite.

She acted like no one was watching her. She wasn't perfect, and her parents hated that. They didn't actually care about her. Bella wanted someone to dress up and Theodore wanted someone to use. Tara was neither of those things.

She liked dresses, sure. But not the long and fancy ones her mom always forced her to where to dinners. She didn't like the tight fitted clothes her mom ordered special. Tara hated the kids that her parents tried to make her play with. They were all spoiled and mean, she never made any real connections.

When her parents realized that she wasn't helping them, she was actually hurting them. They'd yell at her, barley make time for her. They hated her and it broke her. It wasn't her fault that a four year old couldn't sit still, or that she cried at animal deaths. Tara wanted her parents to love her, but they didn't have room left in their ambitious hearts.

She never gave up hope that they'd change their minds and start to love her. When she was in Kindergarden they had a parent-teacher night. It wasn't the most important thing, just teachers talking to parents about their kids. But Tara begged her parents to come. They said they'd try and then shooed her off.

Tara had been excited all day, almost vibrating with energy. Until they didn't come. She waited two hours until she gave up hope. It was that day that her hope in her parents died. Because something new grew. She met Vivian.

Vivian found her crying and cheered her up. Told her that if Tara's parents couldn't make it, then her mom would just talk to Tara's teacher. That's exactly what Naomi did. A friendship bloomed and it only kept growing.

Tara spent all her nights at Vivian's house, basically claimed the guest room. She started to feel more and more at home there. Started caring less what her parents thought and more what Naomi thought. She would go to Vivian with her problems and vise versa. It was great, until it got better.