Chapter 20

September 1, 2015
Hannah's POV

📍Dortmund

Liked by stellapulisic gioreyna and hundreds of others

cmpulisic Happy 17 birthday (a)hannahreyna! I love you forever Princess ❤️😘

"We have a birthday," Christian said to the waiter.

"Really?"

"Mhm. It's my girlfriend's seventeenth birthday."

"Well, happy birthday, miss. There's a dessert on us as a celebration."

"Thank you," Hannah smiled.

The waiter nodded and then walked away. Christian placed a hand on her thigh. She turned and smiled at him. Hannah leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"Would you like to open your gift now?"

"Yes," Hannah nodded.

Christian reached into his jacket and pulled out a small box. He handed it to her. Hannah smiled. It was a black box with a big red bow. She unwrapped the bow and carefully opened the box. Hannah gasped.

"Christian," she looked up at him.

Inside the box was a beautiful thin gold chain with a heart as well as a 'C' and an 'H'. She gently touched it. Her eyes were wide. Hannah ran her fingers over the heart. She felt a little hinge. She looked at the side of the heart and saw a clasp. She smiled remembering how she said at one point how much she wanted a locked. Hannah set the box down and carefully opened the locket. On one side of the heart, there was a picture of them as kids. On the other side was a picture of them kissing.

"Chris, this is beautiful! Thank you!"

"Of course. Can I help you put it on?"

She nodded. Christian toon the necklace out of the box. Hannah turned slightly so her back was to him. Christian secured it and then pulled her hair out from under the chain. Hannah used her phone like a mirror. The charms hung just between collar bones.

"Oh I love it!" She threw her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek, "I love you!"

"I love you too. Happy birthday, Princess."

"Thank you," Hannah leaned her head on his shoulder.

"And this is from me, Princess," Mark smiled and handed her a bag.

"No, she's my Princess. Don't call her that," Christian fake glared at his dad while hugging her close.

Hannah laughed, "thank you, Mark."

She pulled the tissue paper out of the bag. She found boxes of her favourite chamomile and jasmine teas. There was also a notebook and a couple gel pens. She also found a pink tumbler covered in red roses with her name on the side. Hannah pulled out a fluffy pink Sherpa blanket with her name embroidered on it. Lastly, Hannah saw a small zebra stuffed animal.

"Mark, thank you so much!" Hannah grinned and quickly hugged Mark.

"You're welcome. I thought it might make your trailer a little more cozy," he smiled.

"That's so sweet. I can't wait to put them in there!" She rubbed her blanket on her cheek.

"Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!" The waiter come over with a piece of chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream and a candle.

A couple other waiters were with him. They all sang to her in German. Hannah didn't understand, but she really appreciated it. They all clapped when they finished. Hannah held her hair back and leaned forward to blow out the candle. She wished that this year would be the best one yet with her friends and family.

"What did you wish for?" Mark asked.

"You can't say or it won't come true!" Christian protested.

"Oh that's an old wives' tale!" Hannah waved her hand, "I'm not superstitious. I wished to have the best year with my friends and family."

"What a good wish," Mark smiled.