Chapter 18

July 4, 2015
Christian's POV

"Are you excited?" Hannah bounced on her toes.

"Sure am," Christian nodded.

The Pulisics and Reynas were in New York for NYCFC's Fourth of July game. They were playing the Sporting Kansas City and were up 2-1 with four minutes left to play. The two families had a private box, but they would get to go down on the field and join the first team families for the fireworks show.

Christian knew that Hannah was excited. She loved fireworks shows. Coming to NYCFC's Fourth of July show was a Reyna family tradition, and now it was a Pulisic family tradition as well.

Christian placed his hand on Hannah's lower back as they watched the final minutes of the game. He wanted NYCFC to win. He snaked his arm around her waist and pulled her in closer. He loved how well they fit together. He kissed her cheek and gave her hip a squeeze before tucking his hand into her back jean pocket.

"Love you," she grinned and kissed him quickly.

"Love you more," he murmured into her lips.

Hannah gave him a big grin. He kissed her nose. They watched the ball intently. He saw Hannah's eyes narrow and flicker to the scoreboard. Christian knew that Hannah took all soccer games seriously. He loved that Hannah loved the sport that meant the world to him.

The final whistle blew, signalling the end of the game. Hannah cheered and clapped her hands. She turned and hugged Gio quickly. Gio looked pleased with the game results. Hannah ruffed up his hair which made Gio roll his eyes.

"You're so annoying," Gio groaned.

"Shut up," Hannah whacked him in the stomach, "you love me."

"I do," Gio smiled.

"Love you too," Hannah smiled, "do you have a blanket?"

"Yep," Gio nodded.

"I'm guessing you and Chris are sharing one?"

"Absolutely," Christian nodded.

Hannah walked inside of their box and grabbed her purse and the tote bag with the thick blanket they'd sit and lay on. Christian followed and waited for the rest of their families to get ready. Christian grabbed his water bottle. He watched as Hannah and Gio chatted with Claudio.

A hand on his shoulder spooked him. He looked over his shoulder and saw Kelley, "hey, mom."

"Hi, sweetie. How are you? Are you ready to go to Dortmund?"

"Yeah," he nodded.

"Nervous?"

"Oh yeah," he nodded, "my German is terrible."

"They say immersion is the best way to learn, and you're a quick learner. I'm proud of you, Christian."

"Thanks, Mom. Thanks for everything you and Dad did to get me here."

"Of course. Your dream is our dream."

📍Yankee Stadium

Liked by deedee_pulisic henrycavill and thousands of others

cmpulisic Happy 4th of July from me and (a)hannahreyna! Greatest country in the world!

📸 (a)stellapulisic