Chapter 10

June 10, 2015
Hannah's POV

"Alright. Everyone meet back here in an hour. If we're not all here, we won't get to swim with the dolphins," Uncle Claudio clapped his hands.

"Okay!" All the kids said.

"Try and keep the shopping to a minimum. The lockers to store our things in aren't very big," Danielle looked at Hannah.

Hannah gasped and placed a hand on her chest, "why're you looking at me?!"

"Because you're always shopping. Shopping with you isn't for the weak," Gio smirked.

"Being your cousin isn't for the weak," Hannah fired back.

"I hate sharing a last name with you," Gio glared at her.

"I'm older than you. Reyna's been my last name longer than it's been yours," Hannah whacked Gio in the stomach with her purse.

"And it'll be mine long after you die, old woman," Gio smirked wickedly.

Hannah balled her fists up, "why you little-"

"Nope!" Christian turned Hannah around, "let's go over there. I saw a shell shop."

"Okay," she nodded before looking over her shoulder, "you better sleep with one eye open, G."

Christian took her hand as they walked towards the shell shop. Gio stuck his tongue out at her. Hannah narrowed her eyes and flipped him off.

"Hannah!" Uncle Claudio said sharply.

"Sorry, Uncle Claudio!" Hannah turned around and focused on Christian.

Hannah smiled up at him. He kissed her forehead and squeezed her hand. She leaned her head his arm. Christian opened the door to the shop for her. Hannah walked in and immediately started looking around to take everything in.

Her eyes fell on a set of chimes. Hannah let go of Christian's hand and went to get a closer look. It had a starfish at the top. Different sizes of shells cascaded down. Blue sea glass was also on the strands. There were also pieces of abalone carved to look like fish that caught the sunlight. It was beautiful.

She gently touched it, curious about the price. Her eyes flew open when she saw that it was over three hundred dollars. She sighed heavily.

"That's pretty," Christian wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Mhm," Hannah nodded, "did you see anything you like?"

"Yeah I got this necklace," Christian showed her.

"Oh that's nice. Beachy " Hannah smiled.

"And a matching one for you," Christian kissed her shoulder before securing it around her neck.

"Well thank you," she kissed his cheek.

"Of course," he nodded.

"I saw an ice cream stand not far from here. Can we go there?" Hannah tilted her head.

"Absolutely. I'm going to use the bathroom real fast. I'll meet you there," he kissed her cheek quickly.

Hannah nodded and walked out of the shop. She started down the boardwalk. She took her phone out and snapped a few pictures as she went. The sunshine felt wonderful. It had been quite cold in New York.

She stopped and took a deep breath. The salty air filled her lungs. She could hear the sea crashing on the rocks. It was perfect.

"It's beautiful, huh?" Stella's voice startled her out of her trance.