the story of the surprise

3rd person pov

Caleigh had just taken her last batch of cookies out of the oven when someone knocked on her apartment door. It couldn't be Holland, she was currently 7+ hours away, so the girl was confused.

She only knew a few people in LA.

Curious, the girl walked from her kitchen to the door, opening it wide. Her jaw dropped.

"Jamie?" Caleigh was shocked. The Brit was standing in front of her.

The same one she usually texted 24/7 and had been "ignoring" her all day, was now standing just a couple of feet away with a suitcase in tow.

"May I come in?" The shaggy-haired boy chuckled at the girl's shocked expression.

Caleigh stumbled back slightly, making space for the boy to walk in. "Of course, yeah." She was stunned.

The two hadn't been in the same country since New Year's and it was nearing the end of January. Caleigh wasn't expecting to see the boy for months and he was suddenly in her apartment. With no warning.

"I mean," Caleigh started as she closed the door, walking over closer to where the 22 year old stood in the middle of the room. "I'm not complaining that you're here... but, uh, what brings you to LA? Is it work?"

Jamie was quiet.

He was trying to figure out what to say.

Because, honestly, he didn't know the exact reason as to why he was here... in Caleigh's living room. Something had been nagging at him the past few weeks. Ever since he left LA after New Year's, something had been bothering him.

Every solution he'd thought of had to do with Caleigh. And so, he booked a plane ticket last night, and this morning he'd gone to London Heathrow.

And now he was standing in Caleigh's apartment in LA and some of the nagging feeling began to dissipate.

"Fuck it." Jamie thought before closing the space between him and Caleigh.

His hands cupped her cheeks as he pressed his lips to hers. Caleigh's hands gripped the front of Jamie's shirt — she hadn't been expecting this. Not in the slightest.

She began to kiss him back, enjoying the feeling of his lips on hers. They'd kissed before, but something about this kiss felt different. And if you'd told pre-Christmas Caleigh she'd be kissing Jamie Flatters in her living room, she'd think you were lying.

This was a dream come true to her.

Jamie broke their kiss, stepping back and nervously raking his fingers through his hair. Here goes nothing. "I-I couldn't be in London any longer knowing you weren't mine, Cales. I don't know how you weaseled your way into my life but i'm sure as hell thankful you did."

He chuckled, the nagging feeling gone now. All he'd needed to was to confess what he felt to the girl. That's what had been bothering him, that he hadn't done so earlier.

Caleigh was speechless. "What do you mean?"

"Cales," Jamie used his nickname for her, reaching out and cupping her cheek. "I think I fell for you a while back and... and I need to know for sure. Before I can go back to London, I need to know if I can call you my girlfriend or not."

Tears stung at the girl's eyes. Happy tears.

She leaned into his hand, looking up at him with the most loving eyes, "Nothing would make me happier."

A smile broke out on the boy's face, his eyes crinkling to where you barely could see his baby blue's. "Fuck yeah." They were both giggling at Jamie's comment, the boy pressing another kiss to the girl's lips.

He was quick to deepen the kiss. Not that either of them minded.

Caleigh pushed Jamie toward where her couch was in the room, wanting nothing but to be closer to him. When they reached the seat, Jamie sat down and let the girl climb onto his lap, both thrilled that their bodies were closer than they'd ever been.

Her hands were in his hair and his hands squeezed her hips. The two were lost in the kiss.

Everything felt so right.

Their makeout session didn't last long. Jamie's jet lag hit rather hard and the boy suddenly grew extremely tired, even though he was being stimulated by the hormones surging through his body. Still, he broke the kiss, pouting at the girl who sat on his lap.

"What?" Caleigh giggled.

He sighed, "Closing my eyes to kiss you makes me wanna fall asleep."

Her hands cupped his cheeks, thumbs caressing his face. "We can nap if you'd like, I can put on a movie and you can nap as long as you'd like. We'll be in each other's arms, that's all that matter to me right now." She explained, eyes locked with his.

"Kisses later?"

"Kisses later."

Upon confirmation, Jamie was quick to lay down on the couch, Caleigh underneath him so his head was resting on her chest. Something about how Jamie's arms were wrapped around her waist as if he were holding on for dear life had Caleigh's heart fluttering.

She struggled to grab the tv remote so she could switch on a movie like she said since Jamie decided to get comfortable — which meant that she could barely move. But eventually, she managed, choosing a random romcom. Caleigh had actually planned to watch the movie, but the way Jamie snuggled into her and how his body warmed her perfectly to the core, she knew her efforts to watch the movie would be in vain.

So, Caleigh let her eyes flutter closed. Perfectly content in her boyfriend's arms.

SHORT AND SWEET
BUT I LOVE THEM