thirtyone

february 5, 2023

"H, since i'm not going to be able to make it back for valentine's day. Put on something cute, but comfy and meet me in the living room in 30."

I looked up from my phone, sending a confused look to my boyfriend. "Are we talking a dress cute or like loungewear cute?"

The curly headed boy laughed, walking over and pressing a chaste kiss to my lips. "Wear a dress." He winked before walking off, presumably to the spare room so he too could get ready.

I hopped up from the couch, giddily skipping to Caleigh's room. When I walked in, she was also getting ready, holding up dress options in the mirror.

"Jamie said he planned something and I needed to dress cute."

I smirked, walking over and standing beside her so she could see me in the mirror. "Jack did the same thing."

"Think they plotted together?" Caleigh raised an eyebrow, looking back at me.

Laughs fell from both our mouths, our boyfriends were too sweet for their own good.

30 minutes passed quickly, I settled on something simple and braided my hair, knowing Jack would love me in anything. He made me feel safe and comfortable.

"Ready?" Jack asked the moment I joined him in the living room.

He took my hand in his and lead me out of the apartment. I grew cautious, wondering where he planned to take me due to our relationship still being under wraps, but then he lead me to the stairwell. We began to lead us upward, and my nerves melted away. The roof?

Sure enough, when the door to the roof was pushed open, a picnic blanket had been set up. There were candles and extra blankets and all of my favorite foods.

"Jack this is beautiful." I spoke breathlessly, turning around and smiling up at him.

The faintest blush rested on his cheeks, "Is it too cheesy to say you're beautiful back?" I laughed at him, he was too adorable. It was so odd to me that my life turned out this way.

Two years ago, I would've never thought that I could call Jack Champion mine.

But yet, here I am, celebrating Valentine's Day with him.

We sat down together, Jack so close to me that our folded legs overlapped. He picked up a strawberry and handed one to me, "Your favorite."

"Indeed." I laughed, taking a bite out of the red fruit. "So glad i'm not allergic anymore."

His eyes went wide as he attempted to take the fruit from me. "Excuse me?"

"Oh, calm down. It's been at least a decade since i've had a reaction. Your body changes, J."

Jack looked grumpy now, obviously not liking how chill I was about eating something I had been allergic to at one point. The fruit had only caused reactions when I was a child. It was a wild time, but eventually my body changed and I was able to eat them again.

I leaned in and pressed a soft kiss to my boyfriend's lips, savoring the moment. His lips were soft and sweet, perfect.

"You promise?" He questioned, holding the rest of the fruit away from me.

"Of course."

He eventually gave in, setting down the fruit and scooting closer to me, laying down so his head rested in my lap. His need for physical touch always made me happy.

"You make me happy, H." Jack mumbled, his eyes closed as I ran my fingers through his curls. "Like unbelievably."

I was glad his eyes were closed because my cheeks were beet red. "Is that why you keep flying cross country to see me?"

"Of course, i'd do anything for you."

"Anything?"

It was like Jack could hear the smirk in my voice because his eyes snapped open. "Holland, stop with the dirty mind." He laughed, playfully smacking my arm.

I held my hands up in defense, "You started it."

Jack maneuvered his body so he'd face me.

I furrowed my brows, his expression had changed. What was going through his mind?

"Well, we are alone up here."

My jaw dropped. "Jack Champion."

He chuckled, leaning forward and connecting our lips. My fingers immediately tangled themselves in his hair. This definitely was ending any time soon.

hollanddalton posted a photo !

Liked by jackchampion, devyn_nekoda, and othershollanddaltonhad a picnic on the roof today✨

hollanddalton
had a picnic on the roof today✨

view all comments

misstrinitybliss that's honestly so fun what
hollanddalton i'll invite you next time !!!

jackchampion weird flex but ok
hollanddalton no one says that anymore
jackchampion stop bullying me

kit.connor do you miss your picnics with me and @joelocke03 ??
joelocke03 she better
hollanddalton I MISS THEM SO MUCH
sebastiancroft then come to london🙄
hollanddalton i might be able to arrange that...

masonthegooding don't fall off

jamieflatters you're so cool

jasminsavoy can we have a picnic on the roof together??
hollanddalton omg PLEASE

baileybass ilysm and you're adorable

caleigh omg i had a picnic on my balcony !!!
hollanddalton omg look at us
user1 this seems a little sus
user2 well we know caleigh has a boyfriend... maybe holland does now too?? @user1
user3 didn't her and kit *just* breakup?

comments have been disabled !

SORRY FOR SUCH A LONG
WAIT!! I'm working liiike 14 hours
a day with this camp, so imma try
to be a tad more consistent