nineteen

december 15, 2022

12:23am | holland's hotel room

Jack was following me like a lost puppy.

Caleigh had decided to go to Bailey's room for the night, claiming she wanted to have a sleepover with the girl. When Jack heard this, he swore to everyone he'd make sure I made it back to my hotel room safely. And that's what he was doing.

"Jack, i'm fine here ok?" I turned around when I reached the door of my room, "I didn't drink at the after party and all I need is to sleep. It's been a long few days."

The look Jack was giving me almost made me fold then and there."And I don't want to leave you."

I just stared at him for a moment.

Contemplating.

Then I reached for him, taking hold of one of his hands and pulling him into the room with me. My heart was beating out of my chest.

What the fuck am I doing?

The door shut behind us and I didn't let go of him until I reached my suitcase. I was itching to get out of this dress. Sure, it was beautiful, but it wasn't comfortable in the slightest.

Eventually, I found the clothes I wanted to wear and glanced over my shoulder to the curly headed boy. "Unzip me?"

I watched as he swallowed harshly, breathlessly nodding as he walked over, closing the gap. His fingers carefully grabbed hold of my dress. One hand holding the top and the other gripping the zipper.

His knuckles grazed my back and I had to stop myself from physically reacting. Chills surged up my spine.

But also, I could feel his hands shaking as he worked the zipper, it was faint, but noticeable. "There." he whispered, letting go of the fabric.

I softly smiled at him as I walked to the bathroom with my pajamas in hand. It didn't take me long to rid myself of the dress, sliding on the comfy clothes before quickly removing my makeup and tying my hair up in a bun. Part of me was nervous for Jack to see me like this, but he also witnessed my awkward early teenage years, so this can't be worse.

The door creaked open as I walked out. When my eyes found Jack again, sitting on my bed. He had removed his premier coat, shoes, and belt. Now, I swallowed harshly. He was still here.

"How long do you plan on staying before going back to your room?" I questioned, placing the dress on the desk chair in the room.

He raised a tired eyebrow, "How long do you want me to stay?"

His question held so much depth.

Was this the beginning of something? Or was he just being nice?

Our eyes were locked and suddenly my mouth was dry. This boy made me nervous without even trying. "Uh." I snapped out of it and walked to my suitcase, searching for something. "Pretty sure i've got a tshirt big enough for you and... maybe some sweats?"

I winced when I heard Jack stand up from the bed, walking over and stopping behind me. Just his presence made me weak in the knees.