twelve

december 6, 2022

london premiere

Yesterday, sucked. I spent the whole second day of press thinking about Kit's words. Had Jack really been looking at me like I once looked at him?

I don't think I actually retained anything from the day, I couldn't even tell you what questions the interviewers asked if I wanted to. I hadn't slept at all after Kit broke up with me, Caleigh and Bailey only fell asleep at 3am, and our wake-up call was 8am.

Long story short, all 3 of us fell asleep around 9pm last night and didn't wake up until Trinity woke us up for breakfast around 9am this morning.

"Beautiful!" Maria, the wonderful woman doing my makeup smiled as she put on the finishing touches of my makeup. I closed my eyes and let her spray my face with the setting spray before anxiously looking in the mirror.

Maria told me that she wanted to give me a darker makeup look to match the vibe of my black dress. When I saw the work she'd done on my face I was speechless. It was amazing.

"Now, into your dress, please!" Maria instructed, waving me off toward the bathroom. "Then I'll finish your hair, ok? And hurry, because you leave in an hour and I don't like to be rushed."

I quickly obeyed, the woman had only been kind to me, so the least I could do was follow her directions.

I took my dress off of the rack, lugging it with me toward the bathroom of the hotel room. Caleigh walked out of the bathroom as soon as I got to the door. My jaw dropped, she looked stunning. She wore a long, black, off-the-shoulder dress with a white feather lining at the top and her hair was in the most beautiful loose curls.

"Damn, girl." I gasped.

She giggled, waving me off, "Think Jamie will like it?"

"Oh my god." Now I was laughing.

I pushed past her and into the bathroom, ridding myself of the clothes I'd worn to get ready in. It didn't take long for me to get myself in the dress. Mine was off-the-shoulder too, the top was sheer and the bottom was all tulle. I loved it.

"Hottie!" Caleigh cheered as I walked out of the bathroom.

I sat back down, Maria instantly going back to doing my hair. She'd settled on a slicked-back look, saying it would be classy.

Caleigh came up to my side, crouching down so she could look me in the eye through the mirror. "So," she began, her eyes crinkling from her good mood. "I wonder how hot Jamie is gonna look."

"Enough about Jamie!"

Our laughter filled the room, a sound I had surely missed hearing.

"Good luck." Caleigh kissed my cheek before being ushered with the other 'loved ones' to the back of the carpet.

I wanted to hold her hand and walk the carpet, have her by my side the whole way. But all of the people working the event said that only 'famous' people could walk the carpet.

I find that incredibly unfair.

"Bailey caught me up on everything, and I mean everything."

I looked to my side, Jamie stood still beside me, his eyes on the carpet ahead of us.

I wonder how much Bailey actually told him. Did 'everything' mean all the way back to 2020? When Jack broke my heart?