five

november 10, 2022

"When do you fly into Orlando?"

Bailey Bass's voice rang through my car's speaker. I smiled at her faint New York accent, knowing i'd get to hear it in person again soon.

"Tomorrow, actually." Kit and I were in the car on the way to pick Caleigh up from her apartment. I was driving, because even after over a year of visiting me in the states, Kit still refused to drive while he was here. "Kit leaves for London at 11 tonight and me and Caleigh leave at like 10am but our flight doesn't get in til around dinner."

A squeal of excitement spilled from Bailey's mouth, "Mine gets in around 5:30 tomorrow. Do you want me to chill at the airport til you get in?"

Suddenly, I got even more excited. I really thought I was going to have to wait til we got all the way to the hotel at Animal Kingdom.

"Of course!"

Kit covered his ears at my volume. Oops?

"That sounds amazing!" The girl giggled before continuing, "I believe Jack, Trin, and Jamie will all get in before us."

I ignored the sour taste in my mouth at the mention of Jack's name. Bailey knew what happened between us, i'd called her after calling my Mom and Brit that day. Pretty sure I cried for a solid 20 minutes before I was able to explain anything.

"Do you—" she paused, almost as if she remembered something, "I'll text you later! Bye, Hols, bye Kit!"

Kit and I said "bye" in unison before Bailey ended the call. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, I wonder what she wanted to ask me?

The more I thought about it, taking turns to Caleigh's apartment based on memory, the more it felt like her question had to do with Jack. Maybe she didn't know how much Kit knew about the boy and didn't want to risk anything. He didn't know much to begin with anyways.

My history with Jack Champion was one I liked to keep between just me and a select amount of people.

And, for some reason, I hadn't deemed Kit to be one of those people... yet.

"Caleigh said she's on the way down." When I looked over, Kit was holding my phone, something he did often for me. I didn't mind, he usually just responded to texts for me while I drove. "Said she was tracking your location and that you drive too fast."

I rolled my eyes. With her "assistant" position, Caleigh oftentimes would task herself with making sure I was safe while driving. Which often included her judging my driving speed.

"We made it here in one piece, right?" I raised an eyebrow and Kit just laughed, leaning over the console to press his lips against mine.

"That's disgusting."

Caleigh's comment caused Kit and I to break apart, this time it was Kit who rolled his eyes. The brunette closed the backseat door behind her, leaning her elbow on the middle seat as she looked up toward us.

"Save that stuff for the bedroom."

Kit looked to me, totally lost at Caleigh's comments. "What's her problem?"