eighteen

december 14, 2022

toronto premier

"They put you in brown, too?"

I spun around, seeing Jack walking up to me. I had been standing at the end of the carpet, contemplating when I should walk like usual.

My eyes looked him over, long loose pants, a maroon-ish sweater, and big brown leather and fur coat. He looked amazing.

I wore a long, brown dress with white stitching and had a brown coat overtop. "Seems so."

His hands caught my elbows, his eyes capturing mine. "You look beautiful." Jack's voice was quiet.

"You too."

"I've always wanted to be called beautiful." he chuckled.

I slapped his arm, "You know what I mean, take the damn compliment."

His hands slid down my arms, carefully skimming over my hands before dropping his arms back to his sides. My body was on fire from his touch.

If only he knew what he did to me.

Jack came and stood next to me, the two of us staring out at the carpet. My head fell on his arm. It felt like old times. Whenever a situation seemed big, Jack and I used to always stand side by side and just stare.

We'd stare until one of us had the courage to take on the situation, and then we'd drag the other along. It was something that worked for us.

I was about to step forward, onto the carpet, when a familiar british accent caught my attention. Both Jack and I turned to look, Jamie had walked up to Caleigh — who i'm sure was internally freaking out at the moment.

"You look beautiful tonight, Caleigh." my jaw dropped, he'd complimented her.

And he looked nervous!

He wasn't wrong, though. Caleigh wore the most stunning red dress, saying she'd saved the best for last.

She looked shocked, "Thank you." Caleigh's voice was quiet.

But then she walked away. What the hell? Why was she walking away?

And, oh my god, why was Jamie walking after her?

My eyes followed as Caleigh slipped behind everything, obviously making a beeline for the building. Jamie was hot on her tail, but got stopped by someone working the carpet, claiming that he couldn't skip.

He cursed, I could see it on his lips.

Jamie's eyes connected with mine and Jack's, we both gave him a thumbs up. He flashed his middle finger before stepping out onto the carpet, cheers erupting as he did.

"You ready?" the curly headed boy next to me, questioned. He was gesturing to the carpet in front of us.

I nodded, taking a step out, my hand reaching back for his. If I had to do this, so did he. Jack quickly connected our hands and followed me out onto the carpet — both of us preparing ourselves to conquer the paparazzi and interviews.