three

november 21, 2020

last day on set

"And that's a picture wrap on Jack Champion and Holland Dalton!"

Jim's voice rang through their ears. Tears pricking at people's eyes.

Jack's hand reached for Holland's, squeezing it tightly. They'd just turned 16 the weekend before.

16, the two teens had been working together since right before they were 13. About 3.5 years playing their characters alongside each other. This long developing the relationship Flora and Spider had, the relationship that ended up saving their characters time and time again.

Holland treasured the friendship she had with Jack.

"Congrats you two." Jim clapped a hand down on each of their shoulders.

They both beamed at the man — happier than ever.

Years ago, when they began, the two were much shorter. Holland standing about 5'0 while Jack was around 5'4 ish, the latter quickly growing. Now, Holland stood at 5'4 and Jack 6'1, the latter now staring the director in the eye.

Their height difference was comical, but Holland had always been small. It was something Jack — and everyone in production — loved about the girl. It made her easy to pick up, something Jack and his character both did often.

"Thank you for being amazing." the director glanced between the two as he spoke, "The past 3.5 years have been phenomenal."

Holland had a stray tear roll down her cheek, her hand going up to hold Jim's on her shoulder and her other still holding tight to Jack's. "Thanks for giving us a chance."

Jim pulled them into a tight hug, the 16 year old's never releasing the other's hand.

They were cheered for as they walked off to the set and to their trailers, hands still connected. "Lunch?"

Holland nodded. Both knew the drill after that — change out of costume, shower, put street clothes on, return costume to wardrobe, and meet to Uber to get food. And that's what they did.

They'd been filming their live action scenes, so they'd both been in their loin cloth outfits — Holland's with a bra like top the Na'vi wore, but with more coverage — with their wigs and body paint. So, it'd take both of them a little while to get back to themselves.

Nearly an hour later, Holland had just dropped off her wig and costume off at wardrobe and was making her way back to where she'd meet up with Jack. She fought the smile that begged to make its appearance on her face. There's a chance that she might be breaking the promise she'd made with Britain on their first day.

"Promise me you won't fall for Jack. No crushes, nothing."

Fuck that.

She's fallen, and fallen hard.

When she got closer, she laughed at the similarities of the outfits they'd shown up in. Jack in a tie dye hoodie and grey sweatpants and Holland in a tie dye hoodie and leggings.

"Great minds think alike, huh?" He laughed, throwing an arm over her shoulders.

Physical touch was always their thing.