sixteen

december 12, 2022

11:09pm | lax

"Everything in me doesn't want to get on this plane."

Trinity dropped her shoulder on mine as we waited to board. "Unfortunately, they scheduled press for 11am tomorrow in an entirely different country." I empathized with her.

The premier had been crazy and we were all exhausted. But, like I said, we had a press junket in Toronto tomorrow morning and we were all still in LA.

We'd all been able to change into comfy clothes before heading to LAX; our clothing for the premier on Wednesday had already made it there. Someone had been in charge of making sure everyone's premier outfit made it to the hotel in Toronto. I'm definitely glad I wasn't in charge of that.

I'd been unsuccessful in convincing Brit to come with us to Toronto — even though I said i'd venmo him the $1,000 in a heartbeat. So, I was left to go to Toronto alone with the rest of the cast. Well, and Caleigh, of course she was coming.

She wouldn't let me go places without her. Something about being my assistant.

Jamie had also asked me again if Caleigh was mad at him, the second time at the after party. Apparently her lack of flirting was bothering him and he "didn't know why." I'm not sure if he missed the attention or if he was developing feelings for her — but I loved this.

Caleigh had said she'd given up on flirting since Jamie wasn't reciprocating it. I respected her decision, but decided to not tell her about Jamie being bothered by it. She'd go absolutely insane if she knew Jamie had been asking about her.

"I would like to press charges against whoever made that decision." Trinity groaned as we scanned our tickets.

"I agree."

Once on the plane, I was about to follow Caleigh to where our seats were, she'd walked on ahead with Bailey. Right as I was about to take my seat, the latter sat down. My eyebrows immediately furrowed in confusion.

"I'm gonna sit with Bails, you my dear, against my better judgement, are going to sit with Jack."

I'm doing what, now?

Bailey showed me her plane ticket, seat 10B. She'd taken my spot in 13A. Apparently, Jamie and Trin were paired, me and Caleigh, and Bailey and Jack. I huffed, knowing that Bailey had probably talked Caleigh into switching seats so i'd be forced to sit with Jack.

Hell, maybe Jack had asked Bailey to do all of this.

All I knew was that I was making a few other passengers mildly angry at the fact I was now fighting to walk back the other way to get to my "new" seat.

I swallowed harshly when I slid into the row, Jack already sitting in his window seat. He was looking at something on his phone and hadn't noticed me totally yet.

"Bails, I-" He paused when he looked over at me. "Holland."

I softly smiled, nervous butterflies swarming in my stomach. "Bailey asked me to swap."

Was he panicking internally like I was?

We both settled into our seats, neither saying anything for a while. Slowly, but surely, the plane filled up and the flight attendants came out to do their safety presentation. Then, the plane began to taxi and head down the runway.