twentyseven

january 18, 2023

"Hols, wake up."

My eyes fluttered open to see Britain smiling down at me. And frankly, I had never been more thankful that Jack had decided he'd sleep in his own bed last night.

"May I help you?" I asked groggily, attempting to rub the sleep from my eyes.

He laughed at my state, "We're snowed in."

My eyes went wide. We were what?

I sat up quickly and turned to look out the window, and sure enough, all I could see was white.

"Apparently a storm hit overnight and accumulated too much, slopes are closed until they get it under control... or it melts." My brother explained, answering any other question I had before I could ask it. "Mom also brought breakfast up from the restaurant downstairs. Wanna wake Jack up?"

I nodded, willing myself to get out bed to go wake my boyfriend — who no one knew was my boyfriend.

As I pulled on a hoodie over my pajamas, presumably one of Jack's not quite sure, Britain left my room to go eat. My feet felt heavy as I dragged myself out of my room and across the hall. The door to their room was still ajar from where my brother had woken up this morning, but my curly headed boyfriend was still blissfully asleep.

I carefully sat down on the edge of the bed, reaching my hand up and running it through his messy curls. "J, wake up." My voice wasn't too loud, but loud enough to wake him.

He hummed when I spoke again, signaling that he was indeed awake. Somehow, i'd forgotten how beautiful Jack looks when he wakes up. There was something so heavenly about his appearance in the morning. That's something I love about him.

"Morning, H." he smiled at me, his voice raspy from not being used all night.

My hand fell from his hair to his face, caressing his cheek. "We're snowed in, slopes closed for a little while."

His eyes went wide, sitting up and looking out the window like I had moments prior. "Woah." Jack gaped.

I giggled at his childlike wonder, turning his face back toward me so I could kiss him. Forget about morning breath, I wanted my boyfriend.

He smiled into the kiss, hooking his arms around my waist and pulling me down to lay on the bed with him. I was practically on top of him now, our bodies flushed as we kissed each other so passionately. How did I get so lucky to have someone like Jack Champion?

"This mine?" He asked in between kisses, tugging at the hoodie.

I shrugged, "Think so."  Then I went back to kissing him. I really didn't care who the sweatshirt belonged to, just wanting to get in enough alone time before inevitably having to go join my family.

"Hols!" my mother's voice rang out.

I sighed, kissing Jack one last time before sitting up. "Let's go, lover boy." I patted his chest and climbed off of him, my feet hitting the ground.

He groaned, following shortly after me. "Breakfast better be fucking worth it."