twentyeight

january 23, 2023

I think I pouted the entire drive to Caleigh's apartment from LAX. I just dropped Jack off for his flight home and now I was alone again, with no clue as to when you'd see him again.

Long distance sucks.

We were snowed in for 3 days and thankfully were able to spend our last 2 back out on the slopes. All 5 of us had been itching to go back out. I loved my family and Jack, but being with them 24/7 was a little much.

I unlocked Caleigh's apartment with the spare key she'd given me, eager to find out what she'd texted me about. I kept begging her for clues as to what she'd been talking about, but she refused to budge.

"You're never going to guess the surprise I got while you were gone." she handed me a cup of tea, sitting down next to me on her couch.

Caleigh could see I needed a pick me up after dropping Jack off, not speaking much of my boyfriend to keep me from crying again. She knew that tea made me happy.

"What was the surprise?" I prodded, genuinely curious.

Caleigh was fighting a smile, "Jamie."

"Excuse me?"

"He just randomly showed up while you were gone." Now she was giggling.

There had to be more.

"And?" I needed to know.

"We might be dating now."

"Might?"

Caleigh blushed, "Okay, shut up, we are."

I screamed. Like actually screamed.

We both put our mugs on the coffee table, it's like she knew I was about to lunge into her arms. This was a dream come true for the girl. Her and Jamie were finally dating.

"You've gotta tell me the details!" I laughed, still laying on top of the girl.

Her arms looped around my waist, holding me close. "The man just showed up at my door and basically told me he didn't want me to not be his anymore and badabing badaboom, I have a boyfriend now."

I lifted myself up, furrowing my eyesbrows. "Did you just say 'badabing badaboom?'" When Caleigh nodded we burst into laughter again.

"Oh, and he stayed for like 3 days."

I had to keep myself from screaming again. I think i'm their #1 shipper. "Holy moly."

We separated, going back to drinking our tea. It reminded me of the trips i'd take to London to see Kit. Gah, I miss those days.

Don't get me wrong, Jack makes me the happiest girl in the world, but I miss the friendships I had in London.

"He's amazing, Hol. Quite literally an angel on earth."

Knowing Jamie, the statement was true. He was always the kindest person ever. A big brother to me and someone i'd always treasure.

I reached over to squeeze Caleigh's hand. "I'm happy for you."

She thanked me and probably started saying more but I got distracted by my phone vibrating. Someone had posted on instagram. I had set up post notifications for the Avatar cast, Heartstopper cast, and Scream cast. I wanted to be everyone's #1 fan.

Jamie had posted on instagram, so I quickly clicked on it, curious as to what he posted. When the picture showed up, my jaw dropped. "Holy shit, Cai, he posted you on his instagram."

"Shut up, you're kidding!" She gasped, snatching my phone from me.

"Now you have to post him!"

We were both nearly yelling.

"Oh my fuck, you're right."

jamieflatters posted a photo!

Liked by baileybass, jasminsavoy, and othersjamieflatters i could stare into those brown eyes every day for the rest of my life and be okay with it

jamieflatters
i could stare into those brown eyes every day for the rest of my life and be okay with it

tagged: caleigh

view all comments

caleigh posted a photo!

Liked by devyn_nekoda, britaindalton, and otherscaleighi think my favorite color is blue now

caleigh
i think my favorite color is blue now

tagged: jamieflatters

view all comments

this was sort of a filler chapter
but WHO cares!!!

next chapter may or may not
be a jamie x caleigh chapter...

do y'all like those?? bc i think
it's cute to have a glimpse into
their lives bc writing a whole
fic about them would lowkey
be overwhelming ngl