twentyfour

december 31, 2023

avatar cast new year's eve party

"On a scale of 1-10, how excited are you to see everyone?"

Caleigh's voice was the only one heard in the car. Brit was focused on driving and I was in my head. It was New Year's Eve and I hadn't seen anyone in over a week.

Sure, 1 week wasn't that long, but after spending nearly a month with everyone after being separated for 2+ years, 1 week was a long time. I'm allowed to be a little dramatic. Maybe.

"Is it ridiculous to say 11?" I laughed nervously.

Caleigh shook her head at my question, leaning forward so she'd be in between the two seats. "A little, but i'll take it. I'm excited to see everyone too."

I raised an eyebrow, "Everyone?" I asked teasingly.

She glared at me as Brit pulled into the driveway of the Airbnb we'd all chipped in to rent together.

"Yes, everyone."

As soon as the car was parked I unbuckled as quick as possible. I knew Jack was waiting inside, he'd told me he had made it about an hour ago. Which happened to be right around the time I was begging Brit to finish putting his stuff in the car so we could go pick up Caleigh and be on our way.

I threw a glance at Caleigh, basically signaling her to delay Britain so I could enthusiastically greet Jack without him questioning anything.

I'm pretty sure I ran up the driveway and to the door, Caleigh was probably in the midst of convincing Brit to also take my stuff in for me so we didn't have to make more than one trip. She was really a great wingwoman.

The door swung open before I could touch it, the tall curly headed boy standing at the door. I lunged at him, my entire body coming off of the ground and wrapping around him. Jack stumbled backward, his arms hooking around my body as he did.

"Fuck, I missed you." he whispered into my ear and I swear my heart skipped a beat.

My hand went into his hair, holding him closer. I felt so at peace. It was almost as if my life had been moving in fast forward the past couple of days, but now in Jack's arms, everything suddenly went back to normal.

He slowly let me down, my feet hitting the floor of the house. Jack didn't waste time in connecting our hands, pulling me toward the back of the house. "Let me show you around."

I followed close behind, our hands still connected. But honestly, i'd follow this boy anywhere.

As soon as we walked into a bedroom, I couldn't resist any longer. Jack had opened his mouth to speak, but my hand caught the back of his neck and pulled his face down to mine, connecting our lips as if they were made to be together.

Jack immediately relaxed into the kiss, almost as if he'd been waiting for this moment since he left me back before Christmas.

We stayed like this for at least a minute, kissing each other. Making up for the week of lost time. His lips were addicting, sweet and soft. I could stand here all day.

He pulled away, "Uh, this is yours and Caleigh's room."

My smile turned into a frown. "Right, I can't stay with you... cause Brit's here... and we're not—"