Chapter 29

—Jake's POV—

"Then why the fuck did you fuck him?!" I yell, she's lost it. She does not have the right to be mad here.

"You never gave me what I wanted-"

"I gave you everything! You told me you wanted something, and I got it for you! You know what? I'm out of here, enjoy your fucking day." I grab my keys and head out to my car. What the fuck? After years of being in a relationship, she pulls this shit. Why?

Without realizing it I pulled into the parking lot of the pub. From here, there are a few blackouts but the thing I do remember is her.

"Emma. Long time n- No see." How come it comes out all slurred? I'm fine, not even that drunk. And how came my thoughts are good English but when I speak it isn't. Wait no, that didn't sound right.

"It's Emily but you already know that." I smile, of course I know that but fuck, she's hot when she's angry. I move a bit to the right, patting the spot next to me, hoping she'll accept it. But no, she's boring. "No, we should leave-"

"Sit! I order you. L- Let's order some drinks." Maybe I'm a bit more drunk than I thought, when I stand up to go to the bar I trip over the foot of the table, but Emily quickly catches me and places me back on the booth. She tries to let me go but I grab ahold of her arm. I haven't touched her for five years, I'm not letting go now.

"I forgotn how beautiful you are." It's true. She tries to move away again but I bring her even closer to me. "You're really different aren't you?" I see Mark coming over so I let go of her, I don't want him to get the wrong idea. I'd never hurt her.

"Is this man bothering you?"

"No! I ehm... He's a friend of mine, I'll help him get home." Mark looks at me then walks away.

"Friends huh? That's all?" I smirk, the things I would do to her...

"You have a fiancé, Jake."

"Some fiancé alright..." I mutter.

"Look, we have to leave. The bus will be here soon." She says and takes my coat as my car keys fall out of them. "You- You drove here?"

Is she blind? "It's car keys isn't it?"

"What, did you expect to drive home too?"

"Well, yeah. But then I got a bit drunk." I laugh.

"Just a bit?"

"A big bit." I laugh more. God, I'm funny.

"Come on, we're leaving." She says and helps me up.

I look at my keys and then at her. "You're not driving my car."

But she did, and before I knew it we were in the parking lot. Somewhere along the way, I threw up. I blame drunk Jake for that. He's fucking annoying.

She helps me to the doorway and turns around to leave. "Where are you going?" I sit down, nothing stands still anymore. Why did I drink? Fucking idiot.

"Home. And don't sit here, go to the elevator." She can't leave, I just got her.

"Not now. Everything's spinning. Plus, you can't leave me here. You have to help me get into the apartment."

"You have your fiancé for that, if you want I can call her down so she can help-"

"We don't live together." I cut her off. Why would she even bring her up? I don't need to think about her. I can't even think about her. Everything's spinning, I want to throw up again and Emily's here.