Chapter 25

FIVE YEARS LATER...

—Emily's POV—

"I will!" I tell grandma and hug her one last time before walking outside. It's hot and it's only May. How England has changed. I grab my luggage and jump into the cab. After the cab driver helped me put the bags in the trunk of the car he starts the engine, and we begin the drive. The airport is about thirty minutes away, but it passes quickly. Before I know it I'm standing in front of the entrance, bags in hands and ready to go back home.

When I checked in my luggage and walked through the airport security I headed to the café we decided on. He wasn't there so I ordered a sandwich and found an empty table to sit at. I wonder where he is? He should be here now, his cab arrived before me. I grab my smaller bag and take out my phone. He's not the best at responding quickly but I have to try.

1:17 PM

Me: Where are you? I'm not going home without my boyfriend. You can't escape me that easily.

I put the phone down and start eating. I ordered a mozzarella with tomato and pesto. Toasted to perfection. While I'm sitting and enjoying my food I see a familiar face running towards me.

"Well, well, well, look who decided to show up."

"Sorry, I wanted to buy something first." He says and kisses me.

"You want something? They have a lot of options." I ask him and point towards the counter with food.

"Yeah, I'll be right back." He orders a panini with pesto, then comes back to the table. We sit at the café for a while before having to leave to board the plane. Our gate closes in a few minutes, so we have to pick up the pace.

Once we arrive we give the tickets to the woman behind the desk. "Emily..." she says and checks my ticket. "And Michael." She says and checks his. "Great. You have seats 8B and 8C. Enjoy the flight." We board the plane without any problems and find our seats.

The plane ride home is long, but it goes by pretty quick. We watch a few movies and fall asleep after them. When we've arrived at the airport we get our bags and are greeted by Asher and Oliver at the parking lot. They offered to drive us home and we didn't really want to say no to a free ride.

And I missed him of course.

"So how was England?" He asks as we all get into the car.

"Amazing, just like before. Oh! And grandma sent you a gift. I'll give it to you later when we're home." I say. "How are things at home?"

"The same." He laughs. "Jaelyn has gotten so big, she's already five. Crazy how fast time has gone."

"Yeah, I hate that I've missed so much of her life. Between going to England and back home... At least she hasn't forgotten me." I laugh.

"She definitely has not." Oliver says. 2She keeps asking when her big sister is coming home."

My heart... I miss her so much.

We talk about everything on the ride home. How life has been in England and how life is here. I can't wait to meet Ally and Andrea too. I haven't seen them in a whole year. I remember the days where we couldn't go one day without seeing each other. Crazy how life just changes like that.

Once we're home I open the door and expect mom, dad, and Jaelyn to stand there with their arms open but nope. They're all sitting in the living room watching SpongeBob.

"You choose to see a yellow sponge over your daughter and sister? Wow." I act offended.

"Emily!" Jaelyn gets up from the couch and runs straight into my arms.