Chapter 15

—Emily's POV—

"And over here we have the baby." The nurse points to the screen. Mom looks like a ray of sunshine and tears are forming at the corner of her eyes.

"It's still too early to say the gender." The nurse continues. "But in about ten weeks it'll be pretty easy to see. We'll meet for regular check-ups from time to time. We'll inform you of the day and time in advance. But by the looks of it... I'd say you're nine weeks at the moment."

"Okay, thank you so much. When's the due date?"

"Somewhere around the end of November and beginning of December. I can't give you an exact date as the numbers are a bit messy but it's definitely either the last week of November or the first week of December." The nurse smiles.

On the way home mom can't stop talking about the baby and I can really see how happy this makes her. I just smile, I love seeing her like this. Both her and dad are happy, and Asher and I have promised to help out if they need help.

When we're home I walk up to my room and open the doors to my closet. The funeral is on Saturday, but I haven't chosen what to wear. I wanted to put it off for as long as I could. I felt like if I did this it would be too real. I don't really want to think about it. I can't imagine what Ally's going through. I chose a knee-length black dress and some heels to go with it.

A while later we're supposed to eat dinner, but someone burned the food. "How on earth can you burn pasta?" I'm laughing so hard at Asher. He's just standing there, looking at me.

"How about we order food?" Dad asks.

All of us agree and we order pizzas.

"So. Next topic. Names?" Dad says and takes another slice.

"Okay. If it's a girl, why not Sophia?" I say.

"No. Boring." Dad answers.

"Ruth?"

"We're not having an 80-year-old." He continues.

"Okay... Boy names?" Mom says.

"Elijah?" Asher says.

"Oh. I like that." Mom and I say at the same time.

"I guess it's okay." Dad nods.

"Great! So we have a name for a boy. Now back to the girl's name."

"Ariel?" I ask. "Or Maggie? It's pretty cute."

"I like those. What do you think, Henry?"

"I like Ariel more. But Maggie's good too."

We talk and eat some more and before I know it, it's already Friday and I'm on the bus to school. I'm so tired. I didn't sleep well at all. But I can blame myself for that. I was up finishing my homework all night. I hated it but now it's done.

I'm awakened from my thoughts by a tap on my shoulders. I turn around and see a girl looking at me. "You're Jake Evans's new girlfriend aren't you?" She asks. Her friend laughing behind her.

"Yes, I am. Why?"

"Oh, nothing. Just wanted to see if it was true." She takes a pause to chew her gum then she speaks again. "Isn't he amazing in bed? And the way he holds you after it's just-"

"Actually, I've got to go." I say and thank the gods for stopping the bus. I walk into the school and everyone's eyes are on me. Did I miss something?

"Omg... Emily, why did you do it?" Ally walks up to me and asks.

"Do what?" She takes my hand and leads me into the bathroom, away from everybody, before she continues, "Did you really... Go down on Jake in the men's bathroom?"