Chapter 11

—Emily's POV—

We've been sitting here, eating, for the last 30 minutes. No one has said anything, it's kind of awkward. The only thing calming me down is Jake's hand on mine.

"Is everyone enjoying the food?" Ella asks.

"Yes, it's very delicious. Thank you." Mom answers her.

"So... Henry and Thea. Long time no see."

—Henry's POV—

'Long time no see'? What the fuck? Who does he think he is? I walk into his house after what, 20 years? And he says 'Long time no see'? God this fucking guy annoys me.

"Yes. Very long." Thea says and smiles. Why the fuck is she smiling? She should hate him.

"So... Zach. How did you meet Emma?" I ask him, trying to make conversation I guess.

"It's Ella. Not Emma. But it's okay Henry. I know it can be hard sometimes." He says back.

"And what the fuck do you mean with that?" I ask him and stand up.

"Nothing. Just that you basically take whatever you want and when you don't get it.

you take it from others." Enough is fucking enough. I walk over to his chair and grab him by his collar. "If you don't shut up I'll do some things that I don't want my daughter and wife to see." I growl at him.

"Yeah? Like what Henry?" He says leaning closer to me. And without hesitation my fist collides with his face.

"Henry!"

"Dad!"

I hear Thea and Emily yell, but I ignore it. Another punch comes after another. He lands a punch, but it doesn't even hurt.

"You punch like a fucking girl." I say, pleased that I have the upper hand here.

"Henry, stop!" Thea grabs me by my arm. "Enough!" She continues.

—Emily's POV—

I can't believe this is happening! The first time my dad and mom meet Jake's parents. What the hell.

"Jake, I'm so sorry. I didn't know this was going to happen! I-" I can't even hold back. The tears start coming down my cheeks and I feel so bad. So embarrassed.

"Shortie, it's okay. It's not your fault."

Yes it is. I told them to come here... I made them come.

* * *

"No dad!" I say running up the stairs. "I don't want to hear it! You completely humiliated me in front of Jake and his family!" I scream.

"Emily, I'm sorry. But you have to understand that Jake's dad isn't a nice man. He tried to take your mother away from me and he tried to ruin our relationship just so that he could have her! You don't understand the lengths he went through just to make my life miserable." Dad tells me.

"I don't care! It's in the past. He's married now and he has a son that I happen to like very much." I sit down on my bed exhausted after the fight with dad all the way from Jake's house to here. "Think of Ella! Do you know how uncomfortable you and Zach made her? I felt bad for her. She tried to invite us over and cook a good meal so that she could get to know us and then you go and do something like this!" I just- Ugh! I can't even be with him right now!

"I'm so sorry. You know about my past and I'm better now but every time I see him something in me changes. And not for the good." He sighs and sits down on the bed too.

"Yeah... But I just wish that you and Zach would have dealt with it differently. That's all."

"I know and I'm sorry. I'll be better." He says and hugs me, "I promise. Are we good?" He asks.