Chapter 10

—Emily's POV—

Waking up the next morning with Jake's arms around me is different. Good different. He looks so peaceful. I'm peaceful too, I haven't gotten a good night's sleep like that in ages. Especially not with-

"Morning shortie." He says, making me jolt right up.

"You scared me! I thought you were asleep!" I say while hitting him on his arm. He laughs and pulls me back down beside him.

"I was until I felt someone staring at me." You just got caught, Emily, way to go. "Not that I mind. I like it when people stare at me."

"Creep." I laugh.

"Hey Emily, breakfast in about five minu-WHAT THE FUCK?!" The door opened so quickly I didn't even realize it.

"Shit. Dad... Calm down." I say to him.

"What's going on- Oh..." Fucking hell. Now mom is here too.

"Get out of my room!" I yell at them. Neither I nor Jake are wearing any clothes, the only thing covering us is the blanket.

"What the fuck is going on here?!"

"Henry!" Mom yells at dad.

"Look dad. Let us get dressed and we'll come downstairs." I say but the second those words leave my mouth I realize my mistake.

"You're-you're not wearing any clothes?" He asks. I look at Jake. He doesn't seem scared one bit. God I want his courage.

"We- Ehm... It was hot so-"

"Henry let's go downstairs and wait. Then we'll talk." Mom says, thank God that she's here. Dad takes a long and hard look at Jake before he leaves and mom goes behind him, shutting the door. I honestly thought that he would hit Jake right here and now.

"So... Your parents seem cool." Jake laughs. I grunt as I put my pillow over my head. This is the most embarrassing thing that could ever happen to me. Especially after having lost my virginity to Jake out of all people. Jake Evans. Not even a minute later I hear my phone ring. Reluctantly I pick it up, "Hello?" I say.

"I don't hear any footsteps up there. You better be getting dressed." Jesus Christ...

"Yes dad." I say and hang up, then turn to Jake, "Didn't you lock the door last night?"

"Yes, I did."

"What way did you turn the key?"

"Left. No, wait, maybe right? I don't really remember." He scratches his neck.

"Jake!"

"What? The door wasn't really my number one priority." That has me smiling, the urge to kiss him again is big. And we'll probably end up doing that if we stay here so I continue, "Are you ready to face them?"

"As ready as I'll ever be." He pauses, "And I don't really have another choice, do I?"

We've been sitting here for so long. Mom and dad are quiet. Dad's been staring at Jake since we came down. It's so uncomfortable. And where is Asher? He should be here now to help me. That's what little brothers are for.

"So. You're together then?" Dad speaks out, still keeping his eyes on Jake, never once looking at me. I glance at Jake and have no idea what I'm supposed to answer. We're not together by any means but saying that to dad after he found us in bed together isn't exactly ideal.

"We're... Dating?" Jake says.

"We are?" I lean into him and whisper. He looks at me and smiles. "If you want to."