Chapter 3

—Emily's POV—

After our little trip to the nurse's office, Jake and I went our separate ways. He was sweet though, I didn't picture him as a sweet guy but here we are. After some time at home in my bed, I remember the assignment that Jake and I got paired to do. It's supposed to be turned in in a couple of days. Knowing Jake's history with schoolwork I go to contacts and click on his name and send him a quick text.

4:13

Me: Hey Jake?

4:14 PM

Jake: Yes shortie?

4:14 PM

Me: Do you remember which pages we were supposed to read for the WW2 assignment?

4:14 PM

Jake: That's cute.

4:15 PM

Me: What?

4:15 PM

Jake: You actually think that I listen to the teacher.

4:15 PM

Me: So you don't know?

4:16 PM

Jake: Nope.

4:16 PM

Me: Okay. I'll just ask someone else. I think Ally might know, I'll get back to you

4:17 PM

Jake: Wait

4:17 PM

Me: What?

4:17 PM

Jake: I can help you.

4:18 PM

Me: I thought you said that you didn't know?

4:18 PM

Jake: Well, I don't.

4:18 PM

Me: So we can't do it together.

4:19 PM

Jake: We can do IT together though ;)

4:19 PM

Me: You are seriously one of the most immature people I've ever met. Why do I even bother?

4:19 PM

Jake: 'cause you love me.

4:20 PM

Me: You know what? I judged you too soon. Turns out you actually are pretty funny. That was seriously one of the best jokes I've ever heard.

4:20 PM

Jake: Ouch. That hurt.

4:20 PM

Me: Yeah right.

4:21 PM

Jake: You are something else, aren't you?

"Honey there's someone at the door for you" I hear mom yell from downstairs. I walk to the door but am stopped dead in my tracks by who's standing there.

"What's up shortie?" How the hell is he here? How does he even know my address?

"What exactly are you doing here?" I ask.

"Well, I was supposed to go to my friend Will, but he canceled last minute so I thought 'Why not get started on the World War Two homework with shortie?'. You in? What are you doing now?"