Chapter 1

—Emily's POV—

"Mom tell Asher to give me my books!" I yell from upstairs. God. Little brothers can suck sometimes. No. Strike that. They suck all the time. "Asher enough. Give Emily her books back. You two have to go to school."

"What's so important about school anyway? I can learn stuff on YouTube." How is that thing my brother? Really? I don't get it.

"Now that's my son."

"Really Henry? He's our son, don't say that to him." She turns to Asher, "You're going to school. Get your things now. No more discussion."

"Okay, can everyone get out of my room now? I've got to go, I can't be late!" After about thirty minutes I arrive at school just in time for the first lesson. I meet up with Ally by the lockers then we walk to the classroom and take our seats.

"Well, hello there shortie." I turn around to the seat behind me and there he is. Jake Evans. This is someone who I want nothing to do with. Someone who I'm pretty sure has had sex with every girl in this school, except me and Ally of course. To put it short and in words everyone will understand, he's that guy. Every school has one of those. And here, Jake Evans is him. He's just like- "Look, I know I'm hot, but you have to stop staring. Those brown eyes of yours are sure to pop out, and we don't want that, do we?" Oh my God. I did not just do that. Why do I get so lost in my thoughts all the time? 

I quickly turn around again and feel my cheeks heat up and my face gets all red. "What did he say?" Ally asks me.

"Nothing. Just Jake being Jake." I say back trying to focus on the teacher which works. During the lesson I can feel Jake's eyes on my paper, he's not even trying to be smooth. Being someone who hates sharing notes, I cover up my paper the second I'm done writing, which makes him scoff. If you don't pay attention, don't expect me to share what I've written down. If you want to learn, pay attention. It's not that hard.

"Leaving so soon shortie?" I hear a voice as soon as I step out of the classroom. Was he just waiting for me here? Creep.

"Yeah, the class ended so that's kind of obvious." I say and continue to walk down the hallway with Jake following tight next to me. He's just walking with me in silence. "What?" I say and turn around to face him.

"Nothing. I'm just walking here and it just so happens that you're here too."

"Oh really?"

"Oh yeah." He says back, smirking.

"Does that really work on girls?" I ask.

"What?"

"The way you stalk them and then smile at them?"

"Why? Is it working?" Well, he can't look at me with those eyes and expect otherwise. "No." Liar.

"What do you have next?" He asks me.

"History."

"What a coincidence. Me too." He winks. God... I can't wait for the lunch break. Just me and Ally. No Jake. It's so funny that he thinks he'll be able to get through to me. I don't know if it's his quest to sleep with all girls in this school but mark my words, I will never sleep with him. The sooner he gets that into his thick skull, the better. Ally and I are better off not having touched him.

"Hey!" As on cue, Ally comes out of nowhere.

"Sweet Jesus! You scared the crap out of me Ally!" I yell at her, swatting her arm. She's laughing, karma's a bitch, I think.

"Sweet Jesus?" Jake laughs. "What are you? 50?"

"It's just- I don't know. And you-" I point to Ally. "What are you doing here? Your class has already started." I say and point at the clock.