Chapter 18

—Emily's POV—

I don't think I've ever yelled so much at someone as I have at Jake. He just brings out this... This rage. I get so angry, but I still want him near. My mind can't decide! And this isn't making things easier either.

"So? You wanted to say something?" I ask, crossing my arms. It's still pouring around us.

"Promise me that you'll let me speak without interrupting me."

"Jake, I can't-"

"Promise."

"Fine, I promise. Talk."

"Thank you." He says. "Like I said before I was hanging out with a couple of friends, one of them being Peter, before school that day. We were just sitting in the living room and talking when Peter got some drinks. He said that they didn't have any alcohol in them so I took a sip, when I noticed the alcohol and I stopped drinking immediately. But after a few minutes, they started talking about girls, to be more specific they started talking about you." His jaw clenches and he looks away. "They asked me questions about sex and how you were in bed, and I lost it. While they were laughing I was drinking-"

"You didn't have to drink, you could've left-"

"You promised." He stares at me.

"Sorry."

"Anyways, I drank way more than I thought because the next thing I remember is being at school and you were gone. I don't even remember talking to them about us in some bathroom." I stay quiet, looking at him. Wanting so badly to see a sign of lying, a sign that can make this all go away. "Emily, say something."

"Are you done?"

"Yes."

"Good. One, these friends of yours. Why are you even friends with them and what were you doing at their house before school drinking? Two, if you knew there was alcohol in the drink why did you keep drinking? Three, when they brought me up in their conversation why didn't you just tell them to stop and to talk about something else? Four, why did you keep drinking way more than you should? You know your limit. Five, why didn't you leave? Six, if you did remember things after everything happened why didn't you tell them that they were wrong? Seven, have you even told them that it didn't happen? Eight, you had so many opportunities to just get up and leave, yet you stayed. Why?" I count the points I take up on my hand while saying them. "All of these- What, eight points? They just prove that you could've done something, but you didn't. You just let it be."

"No, I didn't! I-"

"Yes, you did and don't try to tell me otherwise!" I'm fuming. I start walking in the direction back to the building when Jake suddenly screams out, "Emily stop!" But I don't. I keep walking. "For fucks sake Emily! Can't you see that I love you!?" That stops me right in my tracks. My heart skipping a beat. My breathing barely existing.

"You love me?" I turn around and shout. "You love me?! You don't even know me! You didn't even stop to think-" He quickly walks over to me, grabbing my arm and standing face to face with me.

"Yes, I fucking love you! Your favorite color is blue, your favorite movies are The Terminator and Star Wars, you love to wear hoodies, you love Justin Timberlake, scary movies don't scare you, but the dark does! You love it when we're laying down and I'm playing with your hair." He calms down and grabs my face. I thank the gods for the rain because if it didn't rain he'd see my tears. "I know you more than you know. And I love you more than you know too. Can't you see that I'm head over heels for you? Just let me love you. Please Emily." He touches his forehead to mine.

"No. I'm not... I can't forgive you for this." I say, taking his hands away from my face and distancing myself from him.

"Emily don't do this. My life's been a living hell without you. I can't go through that again." If it wasn't for the rain I'd say that a tear was falling down his cheek.