Chapter 2

—Emily's POV—

School went on pretty normally for the rest of the week. Me trying to ignore Jake, but Jake always succeeded to ruin that.

- Wednesday we talked about how I thought that the Terminator movies were way better than The Fast and the Furious movies.

- Thursday we talked about how he thought that The Lord of the Rings was better than Star Wars. They're not. They're good but not as good as Star Wars.

- And finally, on Friday we talked about DC Comics. The first time that we both actually agreed that Batman is better than Superman.

I've learned that it's pretty fun to talk to Jake during class and he always has interesting topics to talk about. I'm not really saying that I enjoy his company. Well... Maybe I do? Do I? I don't know. It's pretty weird. He's pretty weird. But like, cute weird. Is he cute? Do I think he's cute? No! Emily stop. He's that guy. Not worth it.

It's Saturday now and I'm on my way to Ally's house to hang out. I barely see her in school, we only have two classes together, PE and math.

"Hello?" I open the front door and it's dead silent. "Ally?" I yell.

"In my room!" She yells back from upstairs. I close the door and run to her room.

"Where is everyone? It's so silent down there." I ask her.

"They went to some dinner with another family." She's sitting on her bed and I join her. "Sooo..." She looks at me and winks.

"Sooo... What?" I ask. Having absolutely no idea what she means.

"You and Jake! What's going on there?"

"Ally what do you mean what's going on? I've been talking to him for about a week as a friend."

"A friend? Oh really? What about all those classes you've told me about when you and he talk about movies and tv-shows and stuff?"

"For the last time we're friends. Friends that have the same taste in movies and tv-shows."

"Friends that secretly want to rip each other's clothes off.." She murmurs.

"Wh- What? No." I say. I would like to look at him shirtless, that's no lie. But only a little look. A peek. She looks at me and immediately we both start laughing. We put on a new tv-show and watch almost everything in one go. We're on the last episode and I can't wait to see what's about to happen to them. After about 40-something minutes the episode ends and we're left speechless.

"So he's- And they didn't- Oh my God, the two of them are going to-" We can't even finish our sentences, that's how good it is. You know when you find a movie or a tv-show that's so incredibly good but then it ends so you have no idea what to do after you've seen it? Yeah...

We start scrolling through all the shows on Netflix, trying to figure out what to watch after this. You know, the typical 'So I put my life and soul into this show and now that it's done I have no idea what to do' scenario. After a while, we find a show called New Girl and start to watch that. It's pretty funny, it's our kind of humor.

After a few hours, I get a text from mom saying that I should come home, it's getting pretty late and it's really dark outside. For a girl that doesn't get scared of scary movies, I am scared of the dark. Ironic, isn't it? I say goodbye to Ally and start heading home. Ally and I live really close so it's really not that much to walk. It's straight ahead, turn right and straight again and then I'm home. But in this dark, it feels like miles away. God, I hate the dark.

"Hey." A voice from behind me says and I nearly shit myself. It's so dark that I can't even see who it is. I try to ignore it, not thinking the worst, like a murderer or an attacker or something. But the person starts following me. Now I'm really scared, I can't take my phone up to call someone 'cause it'll take too long and he can tackle me in the process. I walk faster.