1

Alekses massaged her shaft as she watched her assistant's intern run around the office like a headless chicken.

Xhenia was supposed to be setting an appointment for Alekses since the actual assistant wasn't here, but her coworkers kept adding to her load.

"Are they running you over, little mouse," she groaned, watching the cameras. She made sure to mesmerize each employee who added to Xhenia's load.

Xhenia had finally made it back to her office and plopped down with a sigh. Her body was only starting to relax when she heard her boss' voice.

"Are you done setting that appointment," her husky voice filled the room. Xhenia inwardly flinched, then shook her head. "No, I went to use the restroom and got distracted," she lied.

Xhenia could feel the hair on her neck lift when she uttered those words. Though the woman showed no expression to the lie she was told, it excited her that Xhenia had lied.

"Get it done, Ms. Jon," was all she said before she left.

Xhenia sighed when Alekses left. It was as if a massive weight was lifted off her shoulders and she could breathe again.

"She's so intimidating," Xhenia mumbled.

Xhenia got to work. She set the appointment and finished the extra given to her by the end of the day.

She grabbed the files for her coworkers and went to their cubicles, but they were empty. She looked around to ask someone where did they go, but no one was there. The floor was empty. Where did everyone go?

She took a look at her watch and saw it was past leaving time. It was possible she was the only person there.

"Oh, Ms. Jon, you're still here?"

In shock, Xhenia looked up to see Alekses leaving her office with a briefcase. She looked tired to Xhenia.

Her hair that fell at her shoulders was now in a messy bun. The first two buttons of her shirt were undone, and her eyes were slightly red from rubbing them.

Though Alekses scared her more than anything, Xhenia still had a kind heart and was worried about her.

"Are you okay," she asked.

Her voice was like a melody Alekses could never tire of, but she can't show that yet. She had to give her little mouse an answer that would make her drop her guard, even if it was just a little.

"Yes, I'm fine. Just a little tired," she started. "My mother was admitted to the hospital, so it's worried me."

She technically didn't lie. Her mother was admitted to the hospital, and she was worried sick, 12 years ago.

Once her mother was admitted to the hospital, she was immediately pronounced dead. Her mother had died of an overdose, and because of that, Alekses despised her mother.

However, Xhenia didn't need to know that.

"Oh my gosh, is she okay," Xhenia asked with her hands covering her mouth. Xhenia wanted to hug her boss but refrained from doing so because she was her boss.

"She's doing better."

"I'm glad to hear that."

Now that conversation had ended, the tiny woman was nervous again. She lowered her head and twiddled her thumbs, not knowing where to look.

Alekses found this cute and inwardly chuckled.

You're so cute, Whiskers. I want to ruin that.

"It's getting late. Are you not going home," Alekses looked at her watch and asked.