Chapter 17-Wade's Place

Expecting a kingly, or rather habitable house, we were accosted by a dilapidated form of a house shaped building.

It looked like it was preserved for the next Halloween. Around it was a makeshift police tape with the wordings, 'POLICE WORK IN PROGRESS, KEEP OUT'

Its roof was black with climbing plants, fungi, and dead leaves on it. A large tree besides the house leaning on a broken side of the roof.

Most of its windows were broken and through them I could make cobwebs. Its colour which was supposed to be white, as supposed by the others besides it, was brownish and at some parts the color had pilled itself off leaving cracked wooden walls.

At the very pick of the house, it had an cock shaped wind vane squeaking rowdily at the blowing wind like it had not been oiled for ages.

The picket fence around it had faded-off colour, some rails broken and others cracked.

We slid under the police tape, and once again confirmed the address on the letterbox and at the picket gate with a golden, dingy, faded sticker on it. 37-233 was the address. I doubly confirmed and that was it.

"We are not going in there," I told Isabella sliding to the other side of the police tape.

Maybe this was the part where he traps us and we are both on the next trending hype butchered to unrecognition.

"Wade, or the person who made that address appear wants us to go in there for some reason," Isabella argued.

"Exactly," I nodded at her, "and that reason could be shredding us to itty bitty slices."

"And that same reason could be, getting Wade in there waiting for you to have an adult, fruitful conversion. No one deceives the school about his or her address."

"He is everything but stupid Isabella!"

"I know that. So' I guess you are comfortable with every other guy you come across in your life dying, right? You know what I don't even know why I'm helping you. Let me call Camilla and tell her you cowered," she slid under the police tape.

I hated to admit it, but Wade could be the murderer or hired a psycho to stalk me. If being his friend could do much, then it was worth it.

"Okey__" I sighed, "but we won't take long," I pointed at the sky which was now getting obscured by dark grey clouds. The torrential downpour that fell on downtown during such seasons was detrimental. Not just to ourselves but also to any creature in the town. Furthermore neither of us would want to get stuck in such a house for hours of serious downpour.

"Ooh, wait did I hear T the wuss say okey," Now she was teasing me.

I pushed open the picket gate in a creaking sound, like in horror movies, and animatedly slunk in.

The short alleyway, towards the main door, in front of us, was full of broken bricks, and fungi at its edges. There was overgrown, chest-sized, thick grass, besides both sides of the alleyway. I could almost bet if well looked at it could have a snake. An anaconda sized one.

We slowly crept in keeping a low profile to the maxim.

Most of the aged veranda slats and rails were broken like they had been crashed on. The floor boards were dingy, cracked and creaked at every step.

The old, wooden door had golden, thirty seven, sculpture on it. Reassuring us that we were in the right house.

I grazed my right hand down to the golden but a little rusty knob, with a key hole in between, and turned it after taking in and out a deep breath.