Chapter 5-Under The Street Light

I almost collapsed at the just thought of him becoming the new school president. Every other school assembly he would be appearing at the front and maybe giving me that same ice cold glare. If that wasn't enough torture already he would be appearing in front of my eyes twice as much as he used to. He would be owning the school and doing anything he wanted.

It felt like a bag of bricks had just been placed on my shoulder.

I almost lost my breath, taking in a heavier breath than the previous one every time. I felt despondent. I felt beaten. I felt lost. I wished I had gotten over him already but it was so difficult.

The bell for the next class caught me off guard.

"See you at lunch time guys," Camilla was the first to leave the table.

"Me too" Alma left second after Camilla.

"Can I help you with that?" Isabella enquired pointing at my plate of biscuits.

I gave her a lopsided smile and passed the plate to her. She was generous enough to devour them in seconds.

°*°

"Good evening students of Mistyhills high."

His familiar accent triggered panic inside of me slamming a magnitude of depression like a racing car in it's maximum velocity inside me.

I still didn't wanna believe it not even after the school emergency bell was rung, or when every other student appeared in the school assembly cort, or when Mrs Clara announced Wade J Gibson as the new school president and that Davis would be suspended until the following term and even then I still couldn't believe it that he was actually making his first speech as a president.

No no no.

I hid behind the crowd afraid that he would look at me and I would end up hating myself for my own stupid mistake.

No, no, I did the right thing. I tried to convince myself but I was doing terrible at it.

My cheat rose and fell in panic, such that it almost blew into pieces, inhaling and exhaling excess Oxygen that I doubt was even enough for the crowd that had surrounded me.

The noise in the hallways made me feel more and more and more depressed wishing I could find somewhere to just break down and scream my pain and rage away.

The intensity of panic did not reduce a single bit not even after leaving school.

I boarded a public bus just like I had done in the morning to take me back home. Normally we would sit with Isabella but I still couldn't recall where I lost her.

I still couldn't believe it. 'Wade J Gibson is the new school president' were the words reverberating in my head again and again. Every echo louder than the previous one and more unnerving.

Every other day he would be appearing in front of my eyes and maybe give me that cruel look that made me feel helpless.

The crimson yellow dusk afterglow along the horizon had no effect on me. Not like it normally did when we drove past the plain lawn. It used to calm me curry every sorrow and pain flushing it all away like a toilet leaving my head cleared up. Plus free vitamin D. That day I felt nothing not even a single drop of emotions.