60

Anya always found a sense of clarity when it came to wondering in an unfamiliar place. No surroundings were ever the same. There was always something new to discover. She always found wondering as a way to get lost in ones thoughts. To truly take a breather from life that surrounded you. In an unfamiliar place, one can truly become a ghost. But,that would never be the case for Anya. She will forever be known to the world. Whether as a Savior or as a monster, Anya would never be truly free from the impending burden known as her life.

At one point in her life, she thought she might've been able to gain that sense of clarity. But as we know, some things are just not meant to be. Some people are not meant to be ghosts.

She walked through the market street of Noyvi Zem, admiring the various colors that dominated the lush street. The smell of various delicacies floods her nose and she feels the ever growing rumble of her stomach. After they had dock, Alina and Mal had ventured off to find lodging for the three. Even though he was insistent that they stayed together, Anya decided to venture into town assuring Mal that she would be alright.

As she passes by a stand with a variety of fruits, she suddenly stops as a ringing begins to fill her ears. She felt the air around her grow cold as the brightly colored scenery faded into darkness. She could hear the distance sound of the Volcra screeching and the rumbling of thunder. The flashes of lightening lit up her face and the harsh wind blew her hair in ever direction.

"Anya...." A whisper fills her ears. She whips her around around coming face to face with a brightly lit tent. But not just any tent. This very tent as haunted her dreams ever since she was first brought in after the discovery of Alina's power. It wasn't the tent itself that terrified her, but more so who lurked inside.

"You." Anya snarled, as she stepped through the flaps of the tent and catches the attention of the figure that inhabited it. There standing before her, dressed in his all black Kefta stood the very man that's been haunting her dreams and in his death torments her. Aleksander Kirigan.

"Like calls to like, Miss Starkov." Anya shook her head as he approach her, her nostrils flaring in anger.

"That line doesn't work on me anymore. None of this does." She says, her eyes never leaving his. She won't give him the satisfaction, thinking he still has a hold on her.

"And what do you think this is?" He says.

"More of the same. Veiled threats and empty promises."

"My promises were real, I assure you." He says taking a step closer only to cause her to step back.

"You think you know who you are now because you've suffered for a moment. You won't truly understand the depths of your soul until that suffering leads you to sacrifice."

"Don't you stand there and tell me how much I've suffered, when you're the reason for it!" She yells, her eyes blazing yellow. Aleksander stumbled slightly in fear at the sight of her. Her power was manifesting as it was before. Only this time, she felt more powerful.

"You forced my powers out! You stole me from home, from my family! You stripped me of who I was! And ever since Ive found out the truth I have sacrified everything to protect the people thay I love! What have you sacrificed but the lives of innocent people?"

"Ravkans will see the sky from here one day." Anya was too focus on making sure she never broke his gaze that she didn't even realize how close he was until he was touching her cheek. She lets out a sharp gasp as he cold hand touches her skin.

"By my power. A valiant goal. But the question remains, are you willing to sacrifice that which is most precious to you?" Anya shook her head, she wasn't going to be manipulated. Not again. She stepped closer until their chests were almost touching, her harsh gaze never once faltering under Aleksander's cold, darken eyes.