1

If there was one thing Anya Djar hated more than anything, it was waking up early. You would think with her being raised on a farm she'd be used to the early morning routines, but no. She absolutely despised getting up especially when she had combat training with her fellow Grisha.

Exactly what she needs after another rough night of night terrors. Ever since she found out she was Grisha when she was only twelve years old, she's been plagued with night terrors that cause her to lose control of her powers, and last night had been the worst.

The other Grisha are use to hearing her terrifying screams echo throughout the Little Palace hall as they know she has nightmares almost every single night, however the soldiers of the First Army are not. When they first heard her shriek they thought perhaps they were being attacked and sprung into position. Zoya, Anya's best friend knew it was a bad idea bringing her along especially since Anya didn't always have control when she had nightmares.

Zoya ran as fast as her feet could carry her, pushing her way through confused and panicked First Army Soldiers. She pushed open the flap to find Anya sat up in a fetal position gripping her hands into her hair pulling at her dark almond locks.

"Anya!" Zoya called trying to pull her friends hands out of her hair. She always knew what do to in these situations since she had done this multiple times before.

"ANYA!" She shouts, causing said girls eyes to finally snap open releasing a huge burst of energy in the process knocking Zoya to the ground. When Anya finally gained a sense of her surroundings she noticed she had once again caused harm to her best friend. It wasn't the first time Anya's knocked Zoya or some other Grisha across the room.

"Zoya.." Anya whispered running a hand over her sweaty face. "Zoya I'm so sorry" she whimpered covering her face with her hand.

"Its okay." Zoya reassured sitting beside Anya placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. She quickly shoved Zoya's hand off her shoulder not wanting to hurt the girl again.

"No it's not fine!" Anya exclaimed. "It's getting worst Zoya. I don't know what's happening to me."

Tears were now falling down Anya face. Zoya brushed away her tears with her thumb looking at the girl with a sympathetic look.

"What happened this time? What did you see?"

"I was trapped in complete darkness, I heard someone call my name but I couldn't escape. Then I saw I flash of bright light. It felt like I was surrounded in death and nothing else." Anya says after a moment pause, looking up to meet Zoya's gaze her eyes red and and puffy from crying.

They didn't say anything after that, all they did was sit on Anya's bed in silence while Zoya tried to comfort the girl as best as she could.

Dawn soon broke and Anya and Zoya prepared for a day of training. While Zoya tended to ignore the questioning and fearful looks sent their way, Anya couldn't. She knew what the other Grisha thought of her. They were scared of her and not because of her night terrors or the fact that she's one of General Kirigans closets confidantes. Its because she's one of the most powerful Grisha's the Second Army has ever had. Not that she blames any of them, she's terrified herself.

She's not sure what her power is exactly, it's quite different from the others. While she can still produce fire like the Inferni can, she can also manipulate objects or even people with her mind. She's scoured ever book in the library hoping to find anything on what it could be but she's turned up empty every time. She even considered going to Baghra, she decided not to last minute seeing as the women absolutely terrified her.

"Right, we have our orders" barked Sergeant Yure. "We ship out in two days. Prepare to walk through hell instead."

Anya had been lost in thoughts she didn't hear what their orders were. She turned to Zoya who had a knowing smirk on her face.

"You weren't listening were you?" She chuckled. Anya looked at her sheepishly and shook her head.

"We're going through the Fold."

~

Hello beautiful people.

So here is the first official chapter of the Phoenix Summoner. This was more of a background of Anya and a little insight of her powers. Episode 1 will officially start the next chapter. I would really appreciate it if you guys could let me know how it is. As I've said in the past I've never thought myself as the best writer so any feedback would be great. You're guys feedback will also help me determine if I should continue with the story. Thank you guys so much.