Prolouge

I never wanted to be someone people feared.  All I've ever wanted was to be normal, to grow up, get married, maybe even have a family one day. Unfortunately the saints had another plan for me when they decided to make me Grisha.

I was twelve when the testers came to my village. While the other children had waited for this moment for years, I hid away. I didn't want to know because that meant I would've had to leave my family and serve in the Second Army for the rest of my life. While other people saw it as an honor to be Grisha, I saw it as a curse.

I had been hiding in the forest outside of my village waiting for the testers to leave when I heard it. A soft spirit like whisper filling my ears. I tried to ignore it but the whispers only got louder.  I stood up from my hiding spot and started to follow the whispers leading deeper into the forest. It felt like I was being pulled almost like something was calling to me.

I found myself wandering into a cave, one that I had never seen before. I tried to stop myself and turned around to go home when the whispers invaded my ear drums only much louder and to the point where I could actually make out words.

"Anya...." I heard. I stopped and turned to look back at the cave entrance. It kept whispering my name, and so I followed the voice into the cave.

I had ventured deeper and deeper into the cave until I reached dead end. That's when I heard a low growl come from behind me. I turned around to see a creature creep it's way out of a crevice in the cave making its way towards me, it's red beady eyes staring into my soul. I stumbled backwards from the creature and landed on my back. The creature towered over me, saliva dripping from its mouth. I lifted my arms over my face to shield myself when I felt it, a surge of energy flow through my veins. The surge was so powerful it blasted the creature a way into dust.

That last thing I remember was a strong pair of arms lifting me up from the ground before blacking out.

I woke up in a large bed in the Little Palace a day later. My bruises and cuts healed as if they never existed as if I had dreamed the whole thing. I know for a fact it was no dream and that I had become the one thing I feared. I was a Grisha, and not just any Grisha.

A Phoenix Summoner
~

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for clicking on my book, not gonna lie this is the first book I've tried to write in a long time. I've never had the time to really sit down and write and I've never liked the way I write. But I'm on summer break now and figured I'd give it a shot and since I'm obsessed with Shadow and Bone I decided to write a fanfic based on the show and maybe into the other books once I've read those. Any feedback is awesome.

Also I'm kind of basing my characters powers after Jean Greys powers because she's my favorite mutant and I'm obsessed with her power.

Thank you guys so much!!!