3

The ship fell silent as they entered the Fold.

Anya stood at the railing of the ship, her eyes scanning the endless dark clouds looking for any signs of, well anything.

When she was growing up, the older Grisha would tell the young ones stories of the Fold and what lurked inside trying to scare them. Everything they told them was nothing in comparison to how eerily quiet it was. So quiet that you couldn't even breathe without the fear of something hearing you.

The sound of growling fills they're ear drums. Anya turns her body looking all around trying to find the source. Lighting flashes above them revealing a silhouette flying above they're heads.

"Get down!" Anya orders pulling the girl from earlier down with her. With her back pressed against the wall, Anya grips the necklace around her neck whispering prayers hoping the Saints would hear her and help them get through the Fold.

The sky lights up more revealing several more volcra flying above and around them. The growling much louder. Out of the corner of her eye she sees a soldier light another lantern. Panic begins to set in.

"Blow it out! What are you doing?!" Katsya hisses from the other side of the ship.

Everything had happen so fast. Fire had broken out of the ship, guns were being fired left and right and the volcra were swooping down on the crew carrying them away.

Anya pressed herself against the wall. Her breathing heavy, tears threatening to fall. Even with all her training nothing could have prepared her for this.

She watched as Katsya shot fire balls at the volcra swooping down, then suddenly she watched as a volcra swooped down and grab Katsya.

"NO!!

Anya sprung up, sprinting over to Katsya. She grabs onto her arms, mustering up all the strength she could to pull Katsya back to the ship.

"I GOT YOU! HANG ON!" Anya screams. She could feel Katsya slipping from her grasp. Using every inch of her strength she pulls Katsya out of the volcra's grip. Anya extends her our out towards the volcra blasting is away from them with her powers.

She crawls over to Katsya who is slowly dying due to the volcra slashing her open. Anya gently grabs her face directing her head up in order to look in her eyes. Katsya looks at Anya blood splurging from her mouth as she tries to speak.

"Shh. Don't speak. Save you're strength." Anya says. She watches the life leave Katsya's eyes.

"MAL!" Anya quickly turns her head to see one of the trackers being lifted into the air. She stands up and moves her hands together before extending out towards the tracker sending a blast so powerful it rocks the whole ship. The volcra disintegrates, and the tracker falls to the floor.

As she makes her way towards the tracker she doesn't notice one of the volcra sneak up  behind her. It knocks her down slashing her back. She quickly flips over and the volcra inches itself closer and closer to her until it's snarling right in her face.

It goes in for the kill but ultimately fail as its shot from behind.

The young girl from earlier stood behind the creature gun in her hand. She had saved Anya. She runs over to Anya and the tracker and takes hold of the trackers hand looking down at him. Anya could feel herself losing conscious. All she could see was the blurry image of the volcra in the sky attacking them.

"I'll meet you in the meadow" she heard the tracker whisper to the girl. Suddenly a volcra swooped down and grasped the young girl lifting her into the air. The tracker held onto the girls hands trying to keep her from being carried off.

Anya saw the girl slipping from the trackers grasp and reached forward grabbing onto the girls arm.

Thats when she felt it. A large surge of energy flow through her veins, larger then any she's ever felt, and a bright searing light. An orange and yellow broke through the black sky, disintegrating all the volcra to ash.

That was the last thing she saw before blacking out.

~

The skiff broke through the dense clouds at high speed crashing into the harbor they had left not even an hour ago.

Healers rushed onto the skiff helping the wounded.

Zoya looked over the crows nest and gasped at the sight of her best friend lying on the floor, all bloody.

She raced down the steps and noticed she wasn't the only one lying unconscious.

"Two more here!" She yelled before crouching beside her friend. She placed Anya's head in her lap looking for any signs of life. She sighed in relief when a heartrender told her she could still hear Anya's heart.

Slowly Anyas eyes opened meeting Zoya's worrying gaze.

"Is-Is everyone okay?" She asks, her voice groggy.

Zoya nods her head furiously, tears falling from her face. She brings Anya into a tight embrace glad to see her friend alive. Anya hugs her back burying her face into Zoya's shoulder.

"Everything's okay now." Anya reassures, not noticing orange tendrils flowing around her fingers.

~
Hey guys here's chapter 3. This one was hard to write cause I never know how to describe fight scenes. Anyway were starting to see Anya's powers changing almost as if something sparked it....hmmm wonder what it could've been lol. Anyways thank you guys so much getting notifications saying people are adding my story to reading lists make me feel so happy. I hope you guys continue to stick with me. You guys are amazing!!!!