44

As soon as the carriage came to a stop, Anya was brought to a large tent by Ivan. It felt nostalgic as first, after all the same thing happened when she came back from the Fold. Only this time she knows their won't be any good tidings. Ivan pushed Anya through the flap of the tent and she turned around to face him.

"Ivan, please. Don't do this." She pleads. She knew Ivan wasn't a bad guy, in fact there was a time where they were good friends. As a child no one wanted to train her due to her being half-Shu. Ivan however, took her under his wing and trained her to be the best.

"You have to be more specific."

"You know what I'm talking about. Ivan you're not stupid." Ivan didn't say anything as she watched a single tear down his face. He couldn't lie saying it doesn't hurt to see her this way.

"I'm sorry, Anya." He says before leaving the tent. Anya lets out a frustrated sigh, turning to rest her hands on the vanity inside the tent.

"Anya..." her head snaps up and her gaze falls onto the mirror. Standing before her was the Phoenix in all of her glory.

"You been quite foolish. I told you to run and you went back to the man who wants to enslave." The Phoenix hisses.

"I came back for Alina." She spats pushing off the vanity. The Phoenix watches her intently as she paces back in forth in front of the mirror.

"And how that's going for you?" Anya scoffs, shaking her head. She was furious. Not about the fact she was dumb enough to come back without some sort of plan. But the fact, that the Phoenix stands their and berates her when she could've jumped in at any moment.

"And where were you? Huh?" She glares.

"I've been here. Waiting for you. Waiting for you to finally embrace who you are."

"And how exactly am I suppose to embrace who I am when your the one controlling the wheel!" Anya retorts, her eyes flaring. The Phoenix does not respond. All she does is tilt her head and smiles devilishly.

"I've never been in control, Anya." Anya furrows her eyes brows in confusion.

"What? Yes you have. The Fold, what happen with the Fjerdans and Ivan." Anya sputters in disbelief.

"Was all you." Anya stumbles back grasping her stomach with her hand, a look of bewilderment on her face. She looks away in horror, this whole time she thought it was the Phoenix doing all the horrible things. But it was her. It was all her. She covers her mouth with her hands to suppress a sob.

"I-I don't understand. Make me understand!" She cries, slamming her hands on the vanity.

"Sweet, little Anya." The Phoenix smirks. "To blind to even notice what's right in front of her."

"Enough with the cryptic messages!" She spats.

"Everything that's happen to you up until this point has been all you. I am nothing but a guide."

"You said you chose me! How are you gonna sit there and tell me you're nothing but a guide!"

"I did choose you. Just like I chose your ancestor centuries ago."

"What do you mean?" Anya questioned.

"You come from a long line of powerful Grisha. Tis' one of the reasons your sweet little sister is the Sun Summoner. The power that flows through your veins has been passed down for centuries. Your mother had it, and now you have it."

"Well, I don't want." Anya replies stubbornly.

"It's doesn't matter what you want. This power has flown through your bloodline since before you were born, girl. It cannot be undone."

"What about the Phoenix? If it's killed, the power is wielded by someone else just like the Stag." The Phoenix laughed humorlessly.

"And I thought you were perceptive. There's no need to find it, because it's here. It's always been here." The Phoenix chuckled.

"What are you-" a look of realization dawns on her face and her face drops into one of disbelief and shock.

"Are you saying...that I'm the Phoenix." She whimpers.

"The Phoenix has never been a creature that can be hunted unlike the Stag. Why do you think he kept you so close?"

~

Honestly kind of iffy on this chapter. Sorry it took longer, I just started back up with school and it's already been hectic for me. I may just start a schedule where I post on a certain day. Anyway let me know what you guys think. Stay awesome!