Chapter 34: Flowers in a Rainy Day

Hisako left the Hyuga Estate before the sun rose over the horizon. She was also the first customer of the local flower shop. And she had a bouquet of Fuyu Blossoms waiting for her and a single red rose. This time, as she picked up her flowers, her gaze drifted toward a beautiful arrangement with small lavender shaded flowers that reminded her of the Hyuga Clan. They reminded her of Neji. Her hand brushed the delicate petals of the flowers and a small smile crossed her lips.

"They're Hydrangea flowers," Ino informed Hisako coming around the counter, "Want some?"

"Oh! Yes, that would be great," Hisako replied, grabbing the Hydrangea flowers and handing them to Ino so she could check out.

Now, with three types of flowers in her hands, she walked out of the flower shop. Her green eyes drifted down towards the Hydrangea again. She knew exactly how she was going to use these. Maybe it was time she added a third stop to her cemetery visit every year.

The village was quiet as she walked through the streets. Some of the shops were just starting to open up. One of the villagers Hisako walked past let out a large yawn, Hisako diverted her gaze so she wouldn't end up doing the same. But, a minute later, tears brimmed her eyes as she tried to cover her mouth around holding the flowers as she yawned.

She arrived at the cemetery and walked past the large black stone that was the Leaf Village Memorial site. She noticed that Kakashi Sensei was there, looking at the black stone completely emotionless. Hisako knew that even though she wasn't able to read her Sensei, if he was there, internally, he was grieving too. Hisako paused and looked over her shoulder staring at Kakashi Sensei for a few moments. He didn't look back, he knew she was there watching him, but it didn't seem like he cared.

Hisako couldn't help but wonder who did Kakashi Sensei lose? Whose names were on that stone that brought him here as well?

Her heart ached for her Sensei and her gaze dropped as she continued her walk to the Glacier Village Memorial.

Once there, she got down on her knees and set the bouquet of Fuyu Blossoms down in front of the stone. She separated the red rose and the Hydrangea from the blossoms and set them beside her as she brought her hands up in a prayer position.

She didn't even get five minutes into her prayer when the skies opened up. She kept her eyes closed for a few more moments before opening them again, her gaze soft and sad. This was the part she wasn't looking forward to.

"Hey Mom," Hisako said at last, "It's me again. I know it's only been three months since I visited last on the sixth anniversary, and I know that I usually only come once a year, but, here I am," she paused and let out a long sigh, "I met a man named Akio. He was a survivor of the village's destruction. So far the only one found other than myself. Well, he had a story for me. It was the story of how the village was destroyed,"

She bit her bottom lip, shaking her head and silently cursing herself. She wasn't sure why she didn't bring an umbrella with her. Neji told her to bring one, but she was too stubborn. A part of her enjoyed the rain gently kissing her skin. Especially today's rain shower. It was warm, and thankfully a complete contrast to the normal cold showers she was used to. But, another part of her didn't necessarily enjoy being soaked either.

"Well, I found out that the Glacier Village was destroyed because the previous Hyogakage was obsessed with power. I also believe Sasuke, my cousin, is going down a dark path right now because he is being driven by power too. I know both you and Dad wanted me to grow up to become the strongest Shinobi in my land. I know power means everything to you, but, I-I can't," Hisako paused, her shoulders hunched over as she continued, "Akio left me with a warning. He said 'Absolute power corrupts absolutely,' and if that's true than I can no longer follow the path that you have set for me!