Chapter 13: Unsettling Feelings

When she came to, she was back at the Hyuga Estate. She sat up in bed so fast her head spun. For a moment, she didn't remember what had happened. Her mind was completely blank. She sat in her bed in confusion for a long few moments as she slowly tried to piece everything together. There was a quiet knock at her door.

"Come in," she called.

She saw the door slide open and was shocked when Lord Hyuga entered her bedroom. She immediately stood up, brushing herself off as Lord Hyuga stepped further into her room.

"How are you feeling?" Lord Hyuga asked, his lavender eyes watching her carefully.

"I feel fine, just confused, what happened?" Hisako asked.

"Itachi informed me that you fainted at the Hokage's Estate. They had a medic look you over, and they said it was from exhaustion. What do you remember?"

"I fainted?" Hisako asked, her eyes widening slightly, "I don't really remember much. I remember walking towards Lord Hokage's office with scrolls in my hands, I remember hearing voices from Lord Hokage's office, but, then, nothing. I guess that's when I fainted,"

But, something felt off about that. It didn't feel right. She wasn't tired before the incident. In fact, after everything she saw with Lord Hokage, the Glacier Village memorial site, and the Glacier Village archives, she felt more energized and lighter than she's felt in weeks. Maybe even months.

Lord Hyuga didn't look too convinced either, but he didn't voice his own suspicions. He turned his back to her, heading back for the door.

"You are to rest for the next few days. It seems you've been over-exerting yourself recently," he told her, not as a recommendation but more as a demand.

Hisako let out a long sigh in exasperation. She got dressed in clean clothes and went to sit out on the porch. The sun was setting, but Neji was still in the training area practicing some of his forms. She was sitting, leaning against a wooden pillar as she contemplated what had happened. She didn't like the conclusions her mind was coming to.

Neji stopped practicing after a few more minutes, his gaze finally turning to Hisako. Hisako's mind snapped out of her pessimistic thoughts as she stared at Neji. She couldn't help it. Ever since she moved here, it seemed that she and Neji were becoming closer. He still kept his distance, but, they started to form a mutual respect for each other. As Hisako was improving and growing stronger rapidly, he began to trust and open up to her more. And she found that she did the same.

"I heard what happened," Neji said by way of greeting as he walked over to her.

He sat down right beside her, and Hisako handed him a rag so he could dab at the sweat on his neck and face.

"Yeah," Hisako replied, averting her gaze to the ground in thought as she brought her knees to her chest.

"I can't say I'm surprised," Neji added on, giving her a sidelong glance, "you've been putting in a lot of extra training hours. Even with Lord Hokage, and yet you still won't tell me why. Outside of that, the body has its limits,"

Hisako shook her head no, "that's not it," she let out a long sigh, "and I already told you, I'm doing all of this training for my own destiny. But, beside that, I don't think I fainted. It didn't feel like that."

Neji's expression turned puzzled as he stared at Hisako, "have you fainted before?"

"Well, no, but," Hisako shook her head, rubbing the sides of her head with her hands from a forming headache, "I don't know. It feels more like I lost time. I don't know how to explain it. But, I feel like something bad is going to happen. I have this weird feeling in my gut and I can't explain it,"