Chapter 9: New Rythem

That morning, she woke up before the sun rose and got to the training area before Kakashi Sensei did. The darkened training area was quiet other than some forest animals chirping and squeaking in the trees. The foliage was thick, and moss covered the base of the trees. Hisako paced back and forth in front of a large oak tree as she waited for Kakashi Sensei to arrive. A gentle breeze brushed through her hair as the sun finally rose on the horizon. Kakashi still wasn't there. The sun began its slow crawl into the sky as the early morning light cast the training area in an eerie sort of glow.

She had almost forgotten about last night's weird occurrence where she and Neji were being followed on their way home. When they asked Lord Hyuga if the team had found anything, he had to tell them they didn't. Whoever was following them must have been very skilled at the art of evasion. But now, Hisako's only focus was on this training. She had left before Neji woke up, but left a note on his door telling him not to wait up for her. She would meet up with them later.

"Kakashi Sensei is late," Hisako muttered with a groan as she leaned against the large oak, tapping her foot on the bark.

After a few more minutes of silence, she sighed and slipped down the tree sitting down as she looked up to the cloudless sky. She couldn't believe the sky didn't have a single cloud after last night's thunderstorm. The skies had rumbled late into the night, and eventually, Hisako got used to the noise and even found it almost soothing.

She moaned in exasperation, rubbing her face with her hands. School was going to start in a little over an hour and Kakashi Sensei still was nowhere to be found. She was about to give up waiting for him and stood up to start heading towards the academy when Kakashi Sensei casually walked into the training arena, reading that same book she saw him holding yesterday.

"Kakashi Sensei!" Hisako exclaimed, stopping in the middle of the training area and placing her hands on her hips.

"Hm? Oh, sorry, were you waiting long?" Kakashi Sensei asked, looking up at the sky.

Hisako sighed, "Well, yeah. You did say to meet when the sun rose,"

"Sorry about that, shall we get started with your training?" Kakashi replied, his tone nonchalant.

Hisako rolled her eyes, "Okay, where do we start?"

"First, I want to test your skills," Kakashi Sensei said and she heard the light chirp of a bell as he held out a single silver bell, "I know you're still just an academy student, so I'm not expecting anything of Genin level, but, can you take this bell from me?"

"Wh-what? But you're a-a, are you Jonin?" Hisako asked, her eyes widening as she stared at the silver bell glinting in the early morning sunlight, almost taunting her.

"As I said, I'm not expecting anything crazy. In fact, I'm not expecting you to get the bell at all, but this will give you a target for me to test your skills. You'll have one hour to take this bell from me, you can use whatever is at your disposal to try and take it."

"B-but, I don't even have any kunai knives or shuriken! Academy students aren't allowed to carry those on them!" Hisako argued.

"Then borrow some of mine," Kakashi replied, digging into his pouch.

He held out his hand and offered some kunai knives and shuriken to her.

"I don't have a pouch to hold them in!" Hisako exclaimed.

"Then figure something out,"

Hisako groaned, but before she could come up with another argument as to why this wasn't necessarily the best idea, Kakashi Sensei threw the knives and shuriken into a nearby tree since Hisako didn't take them fast enough, grabbing her attention.