Chapter 25: Defining Reality

"Lady Fuyumi," Hisako greeted, bowing to her ancestor out of respect and gratitude.

"I'm glad to see you finally remembered my name," Lady Fuyumi said, bowing back to Hisako which took Hisako by surprise.

"Lady Fuyumi, how is this, how is any of this possible?" Hisako asked, motioning to the field around them.

It looked like Hisako was transported to a completely new land. She knew she should be unconscious right now, the last thing she remembered was Neji catching her but then, she woke up here. It didn't make sense.

"Ah. Yes, this is the reason why I have brought you here. This is my domain. The one I created when I created the crystal. I brought you here so I can explain as much about our family, and the Yami Clan as I can. It's a long story, my child, but one that needs to be said. Are you ready to hear it?"

Hisako walked over to Lady Fuyumi and sat down on the silky green grass, "of course I'm ready. I've been ready for so long,"

Lady Fuyumi smiled and sat down in front of Hisako, "Then let me tell you a tale of our people. Very few people have heard this tale.

"You know the legend of how I created the crystal. With my dying breath, I forced my soul out of my body and into this crystal. I did it so that I can preserve our clan. I also did it so that if one day the bearer of this crystal found themselves with no teacher, I could step in and help guide that individual. I am meant to protect and guide the wearer. I send the wearer dreams and can speak to them through those dreams. Very few, however, actually believed that it was me. Over the years, as the legends became just stories, the belief that I remained in the crystal faded along with their ability to openly communicate with me.

"Every few generations, a special Fuyu was born with an open mind and the willingness to hear me. Your mother was one of those few who knew of my existence and who openly communicated with me. Even if she sometimes openly opposed my advice. But, that's part of the past. Now, with the state that our clan is in," Lady Fuyumi paused when she saw pain flicker over Hisako's face and she reached up to rest a gentle hand on Hisako's shoulder, "the state of our clan is to no fault of your own, Hisako. It simply is what it is and we must learn to adapt and live with this. However, to continue my point, with you being alone now, I have decided that I need to train you in our jutsus.

"The jutsus that I will train you in are the clan's normal jutsus, they're abilities that most shinobi with water and ice chakra nature can learn. But, they've been protected by the people of the Glacier Village for generations. So, they'll probably be special to you. I will be honest, up until now, I have never had to train the one to bear my crystal. You will be the first,"

"But, Lady Fuyumi, how will we train? I only came here because I'm unconscious, right?" Hisako asked.

"I brought you here because I figured that now would be the perfect time to speak to you about these matters. You can come here whenever you please, you just have to meditate to do so. The Hyuga boy that you are close friends with, he's an expert when it comes to meditating. If you need to learn how to get into a deep state of meditation, I would recommend asking him," Lady Fuyumi gave Hisako a knowing smile as a blush formed on Hisako's cheeks at the mention of Neji.

"But, I will teach you the hand signs and the basic principles of these jutsus here in my domain inside the crystal, then, you will have to practice the jutsus on your own time in the real world. It will be more difficult this way, but it is the only way I can train you,"

"Lady Fuyumi, you mentioned just regular jutsus that most people can use, what about the Fuyu Clan's Kekkei Genkai? Do we even have one?" Hisako asked.