Chapter 7: Moving Forward

The rest of the week at the academy was quiet. Now that she had found her will to live again and had started talking once more, she was able to defend herself a lot easier. Sasuke was overjoyed when he found out she was talking again, but when she told him how she found her voice, a shadow of anger and rage crossed his face. It was gone a moment later when she reassured him that everything was fine even though Sasuke didn't look completely convinced.

She had started to settle into her life in the Hyuga Estate and even though Neji had started to warm up to her since the school incident, he still had this cold, standoffish nature around her that she couldn't quite understand. 

She also asked several kids why Naruto was sort of outcasted in the class, most students just said he was weird. Some said he was creepy or that their parents didn't like him and she didn't like the answers she was getting. Something didn't feel right, and it all felt surface-level. She wasn't seeing the whole picture of why Naruto was the way he was and that was bothering her.

However, on Friday after school, she found Hinata hiding behind a wall observing Naruto as he sat on a lone swing on a tree that was in front of the school. Parents were gathering their children up at the school and walking home for the weekend. There was a deep agonizing loneliness in Naruto's blue eyes, Hisako couldn't help but feel sorry for him as she walked up to Hinata.

"Lady Hinata, what are you doing?" Hisako asked quietly as she stood next to Hinata, her hands placed on her hips.

"H-Hisako!" Hinata exclaimed, a blush immediately formed on her cheeks and she looked embarrassed like Hisako had caught her in some sort of crime as she averted her lavendar eyes towards the ground, pressing her fingers together in a nervous habit, "I-I didn't see you there," she stammered.

Hisako smiled, and her eyes darted between Hinata and Naruto as she realized the look in Hinata's eyes, the embarrassment and extra shy nature, "Oh," Hisako finally said, dragging the word out, "you like Naruto!" she exclaimed, leaning in close to Hinata so only Hinata could hear her.

Hinata startled at Hisako's claim, but she didn't deny it. Instead Hinata decided to stay silent, but the deep red on her cheeks gave her away.

"Say, Lady Hinata," Hisako asked quietly, her tone suddenly serious, "why do you like Naruto? And why do you think no one seems to like him?"

Hinata finally made eye contact with Hisako's question and she tripped over her words until she could find the words to say, "I don't know why so many people don't like him," Hinata finally admitted, "but, he's brave, and determined. And he never gives up. I see how other's treat him, and how they laugh at him, but he always gets up and tries again,"

"I see," Hisako replied, her gaze going back to Naruto.

It still didn't help her figure out why so many people seemed to avoid Naruto. Why he was always alone. But, Hinata had feelings for Naruto. Hisako smiled. Maybe she could help the two be friends. Then, maybe Naruto won't be as alone.

 Then, maybe Naruto won't be as alone